Cranberry oat crumbles. This old-fashioned apple crumble is composed of warm apples, scarlet cranberries, and a crunchy oat streusel topping. Get the FULL RECIPE: http The tart fresh cranberry filling is nestled between two layers of a buttery oatmeal crumb. Here, I've tweaked a traditional crumble to make a hot fruit dessert that my gluten-intolerant niece and the rest of my family can enjoy.
These vegan cranberry crumble bars are the ultimate sweet & tangy dessert. They're filled with homemade cranberry chia seed jam and topped with oat crumble. These Cranberry Orange Crumble Bars are just as wholesome as they are delicious! You can cook Cranberry oat crumbles using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cranberry oat crumbles
- You need 2 cups of rolled oats – I use an oat and seed porridge mix from Aldi – Flahavans.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar – we used a little less as don't like these too sweet.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 cup of cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.
- You need 300 g of jar cranberry sauce (I used Tesco finest which was amazing!!).
As an added bonus I used One Degree Organics Sprouted Rolled Oats as the chewy base for our crumble. The bars are soft, slightly chewy, and the hearty oats with big crumbles are a perfect contrast to the juicy cranberry filling. Spread the cranberry sauce evenly over the base, then crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top. Apples, cranberries, and an oat topping are an ideal combination of flavors for the holidays.
Cranberry oat crumbles step by step
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚ c and line a shallow rectangular oven dish/baking tray with greaseproof paper..
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Rub in the butter with your fingers until everything is coated and looks a little like breadcrumbs..
- Pour 3/4 of the mix into the baking tray and press firmly down until it is compacted and pushed into all areas of the tray..
- Now spoon on your cranberry sauce so that it forms an even layer on top of your oat mix..
- Sprinkle the last quarter evenly onto the cranberry sauce, covering the surface lightly..
- Bake in the oven for between 25-30 minutes until golden..
- Let it cool for a while and then remove from the paper. Cut into 18 slices. Enjoy!! (It's really nice when still a little warm with a scoop of ice-cream!).
Maple Pear Cranberry Oat Crumble Yogurt – Low Fat, Low Sugar, Quick and Easy. I'm very happy seeing how my son enjoyed these maple pear cranberry oat crumble yogurt. Keywords: Apple Cranberry Crisp, Apple Cranberry Crumble, cranberry crisp, healthy apple cranberry crisp Cranberries go so well in crumbles with apples or even pears! Cranberry Apple Crumble Bars – A delicious combination of apple sauce and cranberries nestled between a sweet and buttery oats-crumble mixture. Reinvent the classic crumb by adding oats, nuts, spices, or chocolate chips, or by drizzling on a simple glaze.