Sig's Nasi Goreng.
You can have Sig's Nasi Goreng using 21 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Nasi Goreng
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 175 gr of chicken breast thinly sliced.
- Prepare 175 gr of other meat thinly cut.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of kecap manis (sweet thick soy sauce).
- Prepare of For the rice.
- You need 3-4 cups of white rice already cooked, kept in fridge.
- It’s 3 cloves of smoked garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked peas and julienned carrots each.
- Prepare of I/2 -1 cup shredded cooked cabbage.
- You need 1 of small white onion.
- You need 2 of large spring onions.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chopped red chilli (or less).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of kecap.
- You need 11/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 handful of cashew or peanuts.
- Prepare of For garnish.
- You need 4 of medium sized eggs.
- You need 1 of spring onion.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of cucumber.
- Prepare of Lemon and/or lime wedges.
Sig's Nasi Goreng step by step
- Heat oil in pan, chop chilli, onion and garlic, add chilli and garlic to hot pan,stir for about 15 seconds then add the onion. Cook for about a minute to soften. Add the thinly sliced meat, when it is almost sealed add the 1-2 tablespoon kecap, stirring in and cooking until meat starting to take on colour. Add vegetables and nuts..
- The cooked, cooled down rice is best kept in fridge as it makes it easier to stir fry. Add the cooked rice, the other 2 tablespoons of kecap. Cook for 2-3 minutes until sauce is reducing and rice starts to caramelise. Serve with tomato and cucumber and fried egg. This is how I remember it. Except the nasi goreng were made into fried little patties. I let the rice set a little, similar to a paella in a pan for this one..