Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble with Oats. Slices of strawberry and rhubarb are topped with a buttery, brown sugar and oat crumble then baked until golden brown and crunchy. You may want to use a pastry blender for this. Crumble on top of the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
Simple strawberry crumble rhubarb bars with a crumbly oat topping! We're going to play with your pals strawberry and rolled oats and make a really delicious treat for my friends. This strawberry rhubarb crumble hist all the right notes for sweet and tart, and the crumble of oats, nuts and coconut add more dimension! You can have Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble with Oats using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble with Oats
- Prepare 200 g of rhubarb.
- It’s 100 g of strawberries (5 large ones).
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Crumble topping:.
- It’s 50 g of oats.
- Prepare 50 g of flour -or- ground almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 50 g of sugar.
- It’s 50 g of chilled butter.
- You need of To serve:.
- It’s of Yoghurt, vanilla ice cream, clotted cream, etc.
Add the rhubarb and strawberries into a small baking dish. Add the sugar, sweetener, vanilla and orange juice and mix together. Put the oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt in bowl and add the Flora Light. Toss together, rubbing between your fingers until small clumps.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble with Oats instructions
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F. You can also prepare the crumble ahead of time and bake later..
- Wash and cut rhubarb into 2 cm (3/4 inch) pieces. Slice strawberries..
- Put rhubarb into a pie dish. You can leave the strawberries out if you want..
- Add strawberries and sprinkle with 2 tsp sugar..
- For the crumble, first mix flour/ground almonds, oats, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut butter into small cubes and add to bowl..
- Crumble up the mixture using your fingers until it forms a lot of round, crumbly pieces..
- Mine looks like this when done..
- Distribute the crumble topping over the strawberries and rhubarb. You can cover and refrigerate now if you want to bake it later..
- Bake at 190C/375F for 25-30 minutes. The last 10 minutes I usually cover my crumble with aluminum foil if the crumble looks likes its getting very brown or dried out..
- Serve as is or with yoghurt, ice cream, etc.
- If you have left overs, just cover the baking dish and store in the fridge. Reheat for 3-5 minutes at 180C/350F..
View top rated Strawberry rhubarb crumble oats recipes with ratings and reviews. Deep-Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, Strawberry Rhubarb Strawberry and Rhubarb Crumble Bon Appétit This one features the classic combination of tart. I absolutely love the strawberry rhubarb combination and how the sweetness of the strawberries and the tartness of the rhubarb balances each other And when you pair that combination with a buttery, sweet, vanilla, oat crumble topping, you know it's going to be good — and let me tell you, these. Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble is the perfect treat.