You can cook Chicken Serunding using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Serunding
- Prepare of A. Boiled.
- Prepare 450 g of Chicken breast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chicken seasoning powder (we use knorr).
- You need of B. Toasted.
- It’s 1 C of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare of C. Blended Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 stalk of lemon grass (finely sliced).
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 3 of shallots (medium size).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need of (Or just enough to blend the ingredients).
- It’s of D. Spices.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fennel powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s of E. Seasoning.
- You need 2/4 C of coconut cream.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Chicken seasoning powder.
- It’s Pinch of Salt.
- It’s 40 g of palm sugar.
- It’s of (Grated or finely chopped).
Chicken Serunding step by step
- A – place chicken breast in a pot and add enough water to cover the flesh. Add 1 tablespoon of chicken seasoning powder. Leave to boil until chicken breast is cooked. Drain the water and leave to cool. Cooked chicken breast should weighing around 450 g. Shred chicken thinly..
- B – Toast finely desiccated coconut in a wok (without oil) over medium heat until it turns golden brown. Remove from heat and leave to cool..
- C – Blend ingredients in C..
- Cooking the serunding – heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok. Add C (blended paste) and cook until fragrant. Add D, keep stirring for a minute or two. Stir in shredded chicken breast and season with E. Adjust taste and add some heat (chili paste or chilli flakes) for a spicy serunding. Keep cooking and stirring over medium heat until it's almost dried. Add toasted coconut last. Stir to combine until everything is well-mixed..
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely before storing..