You can have Chicken Karaage using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Karaage
- You need 700 g of chicken thigh fillet.
- You need 3 cm of ginger (grated)*.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce*.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sake (or white wine)*.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 2-2.5 tbsp of potato powder.
- It’s 2-2.5 of strong flour.
- It’s of flying oil.
- Prepare of lemon.
Chicken Karaage instructions
- Cut the chicken fillets in 3-4 pieces, dip in the bowl of mixture*(ginger, soy sauce and sake) and mix well. Leave for 30 minutes..
- Remove excess liquid from 1. and add in lightly beaten egg. Massage in the egg with hand and mix it evenly with the chicken.
- Sprinkle in the mixture of potato flour and strong flour. Mix in to the chicken well..
- Heat the flying oil in a wok or a deep pan to 160-170℃ (mid-low heat), put half to 1/3 of the chicken in, piece by piece, gently stir and fly for 4-5 minutes. Raise to high heat and fly for 20-30 seconds for a crispy finish. Repeat the procedure for rest of the chicken..
- Place on a serving plate with slices of lemon.