Omurice (Omelette Rice).
You can have Omurice (Omelette Rice) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Omurice (Omelette Rice)
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Milk *optional.
- Prepare 1 cup of Warm Cooked Japanese Rice.
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of of a Chicken Thigh Fillet.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Frozen Mixed Vegetables (Carrot, Corn, Peas) *defrosted.
- Prepare of Tomato Sauce (Ketchup).
- You need of Ground Paprika *optional.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
Omurice (Omelette Rice) step by step
- Chop Onion finely and cut Chicken into about 1cm pieces..
- Heat oil in a fry pan and cook Onion and Chicken, then add Mixed Vegetables. When all is cooked, season with Salt, Pepper, Ground Paprika and about 1 tablespoon of Tomato Sauce (Ketchup) and mix well..
- Add Warm Cooked Rice and mix until well combined, then Salt & Pepper to taste if required..
- Next you cook Omelette. Whisk 2 Eggs and Milk together in a small bowl. Heat oil in a fry pan over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, pour the egg mixture, tilt the pan to make a round omelette, and turn the heat off when the top is still gooey..
- Place the fried rice on the omelette, fold both sides of the omelette to cover the rice, then slowly move it to the edge of the pan and flip it onto the plate..
- Cover it with a paper towel to shape it into football/rugby ball shape only if you want to do so. Alternatively you can just place the omelette on top the rice. Drizzle plenty of Tomato Sauce (Ketchup) on top and serve..