Perfect Margherita Pizza (makes 2).
You can cook Perfect Margherita Pizza (makes 2) using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Perfect Margherita Pizza (makes 2)
- It’s 250 g of tipo 00 flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 1/2 g of dried yeast.
- It’s 3 g of caster sugar.
- You need 150 ml of warm water.
- Prepare of Passata/ crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of large vine tomatoes, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s of Evoo.
- You need 20 g of Parmesan.
- It’s 100 g of Mozzarella/ Fior di latte.
- You need 30 of basil leaves.
Perfect Margherita Pizza (makes 2) step by step
- Mix salt in flour.
- Mix yeast and sugar in warm water w metal fork.
- Add yeast water to salt flour and mix w metal fork.
- Pull/fold on floured surface. Repeat. Roll in flour if too wet. Ball up dough. Add a little olive oil (evoo) all over. Prove in warm place on floured surface covered with damp cloth for 1-2 hours (the more the better!).
- Cut in to two balls, then one at a time, push to flatten w hand. Stretch. Lift. Stretch. Round. If holes appear, fill with torn edge pieces. Press finger marks all around outer edge. Used crooked little finger to create crust edging..
- Spoon on tomato/passata flavoured with garlic, s&p, evoo and oregano..
- Grate over a v small amount of Parmesan cheese, then add the sliced tomatoes, followed by the basil leaves..
- Tear over the mozzarella/ fior di latte and finish with more evoo.
- Preheated oven at 220C for 7-9 minutes until bubbling and browned. Use a pizza stone for best effect, with a sprinkle of fine semolina to stop the dough sticking during cooking..