Chicken and Seafood Paella. This version of seafood paella includes chicken and pork, as well as clams, mussels, and shrimp. It's a bit of mar y montaña—or surf and turf—as they say in Spain. A traditional paella pan, a long wooden spoon or paddle, and a barbecue or gas burner are needed to prepare this seafood paella.
You'll need a very large skillet or a paella pan. Return chicken and push down into rice. Swap traditional seafood paella for an easy chicken and chorizo version – a hearty family supper for four. You can have Chicken and Seafood Paella using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Seafood Paella
- Prepare 225 g of Chorizo, chopped into 1cm rounds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 2 of medium Tomatos, peeled and very finely chopped.
- Prepare 300 g of Mixed Seafood (Muscles, Squid and Prawns).
- It’s 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- You need 2 of large Chicken Breasts, diced.
- It’s 1 of Onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of large pinch of Saffron.
- Prepare 450 g of Paella Rice.
- It’s 950 ml of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare of To Serve.
- You need of Fresh Bread.
- It’s of Chopped Parsley.
- It’s of Lemon Wedge.
Find more dinner inspiration at BBC Good Food. Rinse the chicken pieces and pat them dry. Mix the oregano and paprika with some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Heat the olive oil in a paella pan or wide shallow skillet over medium-high heat.
Chicken and Seafood Paella instructions
- Light BBQ, once the flames have died down add a 15 inch paella pan to the grill, add the chopped chorizo and stir until starting to brown (2-3 minutes) remove from pan and set aside..
- Add additional oil if needed, add the diced chicken and sear until golden brown (about 6 minutes). Remove and add to chorizo..
- Add the onion and season it generously with sea salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until softened (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the garlic, paprika and saffron and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds)..
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook until darkened (about 3 minutes). Add the rice and stir to coat..
- Add the chicken stock and stir to mix, ensure the rice is evenly distributed around the whole pan. And re-add the chicken and chorizo which was set aside. Do not stir the rice from this point onwards..
- Close the lid and simmer for about 12 minutes, rotate the pan occasionally to ensure it cooks evenly. The rice should start making a crackling sound. Most of the liquid should be absorbed..
- Arrange the seafood in the rice, nestling them slightly. Close the grill and cook for a further 10 minutes..
- Remove the pan, cover with foil and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve with a lemon wedge and fresh bread. Buen Provecho!.
Recipes – Paella with Chicken & Seafood. This is the paella best-known to visitors to Spain. The yellow rice includes bits of chicken, squid, shrimp and mussels. You can savor it at a Costa del Sol beach bar or at almost any restaurant in Andalucía. Add shrimp, pushing them down well into the liquid.