My Grilled Pizza Homage: George Germon's Grilled Pizza Margherita.
You can have My Grilled Pizza Homage: George Germon's Grilled Pizza Margherita using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Grilled Pizza Homage: George Germon's Grilled Pizza Margherita
- Prepare of Tomato Sauce:.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Alce Nero's Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil,.
- It’s 3 Cloves of Garlic Thinly Sliced,.
- You need of Roasted Chili Flakes, Pinch (Optional).
- Prepare 350 g of Alce Nero's Organic Tomato Sauce Napoletana,.
- It’s Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- You need Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- You need of Fontina Thinly Sliced, A Few Pinches.
- Prepare of Pizza:.
- It’s 1 Handful of Fresh Basil,.
- You need 1 Handful of Parmigiano Reggiano Freshly Grated,.
- You need 1 Handful of Pecorino Romano Freshly Grated,.
- Prepare of Grilled Pizza Dough, 2 Dough Balls.
- You need of Roasted Sesame Oil, For Brushing.
- Prepare 1 Handful of Fresh Italian Parsley,.
- You need 1 Handful of Scallions Green and White Parts Thinly Sliced,.
My Grilled Pizza Homage: George Germon's Grilled Pizza Margherita instructions
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/single-post/2017/09/30/Grilled-Pizza-Dough for the grilled pizza dough recipe..
- Prepare the tomato sauce. In a skillet over low heat, add Alce Nero's olive oil. Add garlic and chili flakes. Allow the garlic and chili flakes to simmer in the oil for about 15 mins. *The heat has to be on super low, or the garlic will burn very fast.*.
- As soon as the garlic starts to brown, remove from heat and transfer into a large bowl. Add in Alce Nero's tomato sauce. Taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper..
- Mix to combine well. Mix, mix, mix. Set aside until ready to use. *The sauce can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.*.
- Prepare the pizza. In a bowl, add the 3 cheeses. The ratio for the cheeses is 50% fontina, 20% parmigiana and 30% pecorino..
- Once you have rolled out your pizza dough, brush the dough with sesame oil using a pastry brush. *Remember to use a fork and gently poke all over. This is crucial as it will prevent the crust from puffing.* In a griddle over medium heat, gently place in the dough oiled side down..
- Carefully and gently, using your hands to press down the dough to make sure the whole dough sits fully on the griddle. Brush the top with sesame oil. Grill until almost charred. Flip the dough..
- Immediately turn the heat down to medium-low. Dollops a few TBSP of tomato sauce over the top. Scatter the cheese mixture over the top. Immediately cover the griddle to generate steam so that the cheese will melt..
- As soon as the cheese melts and bottom is charred, remove the cover. Remove the pizza from heat and transfer onto a serving plate. Immediately using a pair of scissors, coarsely cut the basil and parsley over the pizza..
- Lastly, sprinkle the scallions over the top. Repeat the steps for the remaining pizza. Serve immediately..