Tex's Classic British Pub Chicken in a Basket 🇬🇧🍗🍟🍲.
You can have Tex's Classic British Pub Chicken in a Basket 🇬🇧🍗🍟🍲 using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tex's Classic British Pub Chicken in a Basket 🇬🇧🍗🍟🍲
- Prepare 1 of chicken breast.
- It’s 1 of chicken portion (drumstick, wing, thigh, etc.).
- It’s 2-3 of large floury potatoes.
- Prepare As needed of Oil for deep frying.
- It’s 1 of large free-range egg (beaten).
- You need as needed of to coat Panko.
- It’s of ⚫.
- It’s of ➖ Breading ➖.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour (or preferably fine breadcrumbs).
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of paprika.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
Tex's Classic British Pub Chicken in a Basket 🇬🇧🍗🍟🍲 instructions
- Mix the breading throughly, except for the Panko.
- Cut your potatoes into thick chips and deep fry at 130°C (265°F) for 2 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 5/190°C (375°F).
- Dip your chicken in to the egg, then completely dredge in the breading.
- Dip in to the egg again, then coat with Panko.
- Put on a baking tray and place in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes. Use a skewer to pierce, if the juices run clear, it's done. If they run pink, give it a further 5 minutes then test again. If using a meat thermometer, the temp. should be 75°C or 165°F.
- Turn the oven off when the chicken is done, but leave in, and let rest in the residual heat for 10 minutes.
- Bring your oil to 190°C or 375°F while your chicken rests. Deep fry your chips for another 2 minutes when ready to serve. Remove your chicken from the oven when rested, and deep fry for 1 minute until golden.
- Serve on kitchen paper or a napkin in a basket or bowl with the chips and a salad.