Spring pasta – vegan. Vegan Spring Pasta with asparagus, green peas and a creamy vegan basil lemon sauce. Does it feel like spring where you live? This spring vegan pasta e fagioli is perfect for a healthy, quick and delicious weeknight meal!
Be proactive and lift that burden! I fixed up this spring pasta salad with that relief-inducing potluck dinner option in mind. Spring Vegan Recipes – From March to June, celebrate the bounties of spring with any one of These delicious recipes highlighting beautiful spring produce include Lemony Asparagus Pasta Salad. You can cook Spring pasta – vegan using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spring pasta – vegan
- It’s of Pasta – cooked according to the type you’re using; i used orecchiette today – keep some of the cooking water to add.
- Prepare 1 bunch of asparagus – snap the woody ends off and then cut into 3cm slices (after snapping the ends off, this was just over 300g).
- Prepare 80 g of peas.
- You need of Some water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil – + extra.
- It’s 1 of wet garlic bulb sliced or 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s of Zest from 1 lemon (or even 2).
- It’s of Juice of 1/2-1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped leafy herbs – today i used parsley and wild garlic; mint would be good too.
- It’s of Butter (can be vegan) – optional.
- You need of Sea salt and black pepper.
- Prepare Handful of toasted pinenuts or crushed hazelnuts.
No obscure vegan ingredients needed for this lovely dairy-free spring pasta! After blending up the white bean pasta sauce, warm it in the pan with the veggies and pasta until everything is thickened. Pour vegan Alfredo sauce on top of drained pasta. This green recipe just whispers: Spriiiing!
Spring pasta – vegan step by step
- Cook the pasta according to whichever type you’re using. When you drain it, keep some of the cooking water for the sauce..
- Get everything ready before starting as it’s quite quick to cook. Put the asparagus and peas in a pan (with a lid for later). Add water so it’s about 2 cm deep. Put the lid in. Bring to the boil and simmer until the asparagus goes bright green. It will only take 2 mins or so. This is steaming the vegetables so they keep their colour and crunch. Drain the vegetables and set to one side..
- Using the same pan (dry off any remaining water), heat the oil. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 mins..
- Add the peas and asparagus. Sauté for about 3-5 mins until they are tender..
- Add the herbs and lemon zest and juice to the asparagus mix. And stir in the pasta. Add 2-4 tbsp of the pasta cooking water..
- Take off the heat. If you want, stir about a tbsp of butter through so it melts. Or you could add a drizzle of olive oil..
- Add the nuts and stir through. Season with a generous pinch or two of sea salt and a few grinds of pepper. Enjoy 😋.
So bright and light, garnished with edible flowers and creamy (and no fat of course) béchamel sauce. Vegan pasta recipes can be just as delicious as their creamy and cheesy counterparts! This vegan noodle bowl is everything that's great about a spring roll, in bowl form! There's still plenty of tender veggies and creamy luxe sauces to be had, even if each of these dinner ideas are totally plant-based. See more ideas about Food recipes, Vegetarian recipes and Vegan pasta.