PECEL (Mixed Vegetable Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce). Pecel is one of the Indonesian-style peanut sauce usually served with vegetables. The distinctive aroma of pecel comes from a kencur (Kaempferia Pecel is an Indonesian sauce made with peanuts and spices. It is commonly served with vegetables (like salad here in the U.
The unique thing about pecel peanut sauce is the use of kaffir lime leaves, which lend a really refreshing taste to the sauce. – Lotek and Pecel: peanut base sauce with kencur and no coconut milk added. Lotek uses a mix of blanched or boiled Whenever I need the sauce, I just add lukewarm water and ready to use. Pecel – Java Style Salad with Peanut Sauce -. You can have PECEL (Mixed Vegetable Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of PECEL (Mixed Vegetable Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce)
- You need 150 gram of morning glory, cut 2 cm pieces.
- Prepare 200 gram of bean sprouts, tailed.
- It’s 150 gram of spinach leaves.
- Prepare 1-2 pieces of cucumber, thinly sliced.
- You need 150 gram of string beans, cut 2 cm pieces.
- You need of Spicy Peanut Sauce Ingredients:.
- It’s 6 of bird's eye chilli.
- Prepare 2 of red chillies.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 250 gram of peanuts, roasted.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of tamarind.
- It’s of Salt and brown sugar.
- You need 300 cc of water.
Serving suggestions: Place all vegetables on the plate. Pecel is a traditional Javanese salad, consisting of a mixed vegetables in peanut sauce dressing, usually served with steamed rice or sometimes with lontong. Pecel is one of the specialty dishes from Indonesia. It is made with boiled vegetables, fried tempe, fried tofu, lontong (rice cake) mixed with special Sambel Pecel.
PECEL (Mixed Vegetable Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce) instructions
- For the vegetables: Boil each vegetable separately in water seasoned with salt. Remove after a few minutes and drain..
- For the sauce: Heat 3 tablespoon oil and saute the chilies, ginger, garlic, and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant, then drain. Finely grind with peanuts and other sauce ingredients, add water and stir until the sauce thickens..
- Arrange the vegetables on serving dish (I like using banana leaves to serve, it's remind me of my country). Top the with the peanuts sauce and garnish with crackers or fried spiced fermented soybean ).
Although it may seem similar to Sambal Kacang used in Gado-gado or Siomay, Sambel Pecel uses different ingredients and method to make it. Pecel is a traditional Javanese salad, consisting of a mixed vegetables in peanut sauce dressing, usually served with steamed rice or sometimes with lontong or ketupat compressed rice cake. The peanut sauce used in pecel is also similar to gado-gado. Peanut sauce for pecel has no coconut milk. Pecel is a signature dish of Indonesia—Javanese origin—which contains boiled vegetables: bean sprout, yard-long bean, cabbage, spinach, water spinach, and maybe raw cucumber topped with spicy fried peanut sauce.