Chicken pesto rolls up. Stuffed with cheese, juicy tomatoes and pesto! These chicken pesto roll ups are stuffed with cheese, juicy tomatoes and pesto sauce! Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
Spread pesto evenly over chicken breasts, followed by cheese and sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Roll up each chicken breast starting at one of the short ends. You can have Chicken pesto rolls up using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken pesto rolls up
- You need 4 of large med Chicken breast.
- You need to taste of Garlic salt.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of cup(8tbsp)pesto sauce.
- Prepare 8 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese(reserve 2 Oz for topping).
- You need 1 of large or 2 medium tomatos,thinly slice into 12 rings.
- Prepare 1 cup of cherry tomatoes,optional.
- It’s of Fresh basil leaves, shredded,optional garnish or parsley.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
Top with the chicken and artichokes then fold in the sides of the pancakes and roll them up. Roll the crescent dough around the chicken and place on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Transform ordinary chicken breasts into quick-fix chicken roulades stuffed with pesto and mozzarella cheese. Pesto Lasagna Roll Ups-cheesy pesto lasagna all rolled up into individual servings.
Chicken pesto rolls up step by step
- Cut each the chicken breast in half lengthwise to make 8 thin cutlets, pound each cutlet to an eighth of an inch thickness. The easiest and cleanest way to do this is using Ziploc bag.
- Arrange all of your cutlets on a large cutting board or u using baking sheet and seasons both sides with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Place a tbsp of pesto sauce each cutlet and spread it evenly in the center.
- Very thinly slice one large tomato into 12 rings and u need 2 slices for each chicken cutlet.
- Sprinkle the top with 2 or 3 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Tightly roll up each cutlet and secure the end with a toothpick.
- Preheat oven to 425° and place a large oven safe skillet over medium-high heat with 1tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter. Once the butter is done sizzling add the chicken roll ups with the toothpick side up. Dear the roll ups 4 minutes per side or 8 Mon of total cooking time on the stove.
- Turn of the stove and sprinkle the tops with Ur remaining mozzarella cheese and 1 cup cherry tomatoes. Transfer to the oven and bake at 425° for 13 to 15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Add garnish fresh basil.
You will love this easy and fun twist on traditional lasagna! Our basil plants were starting to look droopy because they had so many basil leaves on them. I didn't want them to look sad so I used the basil leaves to make a few. Pesto + Chicken = Delicious Pizza. Garden fresh basil pesto is a staple at our house, especially during the summer months.