Sig's Eggs in Mustard Saffron Sauce with Beetroot Salad.
You can cook Sig's Eggs in Mustard Saffron Sauce with Beetroot Salad using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Eggs in Mustard Saffron Sauce with Beetroot Salad
- It’s 1 of )For salad.
- It’s 200 grams of cooked peeled beetroot.
- It’s 1 of Sweet sharp apple.
- You need 1/2 of cucumber.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon, the juice only.
- Prepare of Good pinch Salt, pepper.
- You need 100 ml of soured cream or creme fraiche.
- You need 1 teaspoon of oil.
- It’s 2 of ) For Sauce.
- You need 300 ml of fish or vegetable stock, homemade or knorr stockpot.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare of small shallots.
- It’s 1 of small glass of Champagne or fizzy wine.
- It’s 3-5 strands of saffron.
- Prepare 75 ml of creme or creme fraiche.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of grainy mustard.
- Prepare 1 pinch of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of sprinkling of dried wild garlic.
- Prepare 3 of ) either one or two eggs per person.
Sig's Eggs in Mustard Saffron Sauce with Beetroot Salad instructions
- First peel and cube beetroot, add fresh lemon juice and oil, stir through. Peel apple add to beetroot, mix well.
- Peel cucumber and then scrape out the seeds. Finely cube the cucumber. Mix with a little white wine vinegar and the amount of creme fraiche stated. Season with salt and pepper..
- Mix this with the beetroot salad or keep apart and serve side by side..
- Boil your stock, add the shallots and bay leaf. Add the alcohol. Gently boil down to about a third of the liquid. Strain through a sieve, add mustard, cream, the saffron. Stir in do not boil again but keep warm..
- I boil water for the eggs to which I add a slice of lemon. (I believe it makes it easier to peel the eggs. I learned that when making scotch eggs.) I use medium size eggs, boil them for five minutes. I drain them, crack them from all sides then put them in cold water. After about a minute I peel them but keep them in the cold water, this keeps the yolk soft. I serve with bread, salad and sauce sprinkled with dried wild garlic.