Indonesian Chicken Satay (Using Skippy peanut butter). Satay Chicken with Restaurant Style Peanut Sauce (Indonesian/Bali style). So this recipe is one I created using peanut butter. It is heavily flavoured with other ingredients so it tastes just like what you get at restaurants.
So if you listened to my hint, your chicken should be done marinating around the time you finish your peanut sauce. Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce Recipe. Watch this video how to make chicken satay with peanut sauce (Sate Ayam in Indonesian Food Langguage) Check Out our. You can have Indonesian Chicken Satay (Using Skippy peanut butter) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Satay (Using Skippy peanut butter)
- It’s 500 gram of chicken fillet, cut cubed, not too thin, not too thick.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- You need 4 cloves of garlics.
- You need 6 pieces of shallots.
- It’s 3 pieces of candlenuts.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander seed powder.
- You need 5 tablespoons of skippy peanut butter.
- You need of Indonesian sweet soya sauce (I use ABC/Bango brand).
- Prepare 250 ml of water.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- You need of satay skewers.
- You need of for toppings: thinly sliced raw shallots/lime juice/sliced chilli/fried onion.
These chicken satay skewers could taste like shoe leather. And if they did, that would be okay. Because this peanut-lime sauce will make anything and And I know I say this all the time, but really, this creamy, zesty peanut-lime sauce is the best peanut sauce of your lives. Classic Indonesian fare, satays (or satés) are skewers of broiled or grilled marinated meat or fish.
Indonesian Chicken Satay (Using Skippy peanut butter) instructions
- Add in lime juice and salt, to cubed chicken. set aside.
- Put shallots, garlics, candlenuts, corriander seeds powder in the food processor till smooth.
- For the peanut butter sauce: heat 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil, add in the garlic, shallot,candlenuts, coriander mixture. stir fry a few minutes till fragrant. Add in the peanut butter, water, sweet soya sauce. mix together and cook till it thickened and form a smooth sauce. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Take 1/2 of the peanut butter sauce and mix it with the chicken cube. marinate overnight. keep the other half of the peanut butter sauce..
- Put the chicken in the skewers. Baked for 200 celcius for 5 minutes one side, turn other side and bake for another 5 minutes. pls check, if the chicken is stil raw, cook longer depending on your oven.
- Arrange the chicken, drizzle with the other half of the peanut butter sauce. squeeze in some lime juice, drizzle some sweet soya sauce, add in thinly sliced shallot, fried onion on top..
- Second attempt: pan fried the satay with happycall pan with a bit oil, turned out the chicken is more tender and not dry (when i baked in the oven i probably baked too long so it was bit dry). Panfried definitely taste better :).
Add peanut butter, water, ketchup and hot sauce to taste to the reserved marinade and whisk to It's used as a flavoring, marinade or condiment in Indonesian cooking. Find it in Asian food markets or. She is originally from Indonesia and moved to Canada a few years ago. I am guessing at serving sizes, and cooking times so please Thread chicken or pork onto skewers. Season both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.