Broccoli Stem & Prawns ‘Nuta’ Salad with Miso Dressing. Broccoli stems are one of those things that are so easy to forget about when cooking up a meal. The broccoli stem, also referred to as the broccoli stalk, is occasionally discarded, as it's thought to be a superfluous part of the broccoli, with little flavor or nutritional value. How to steam broccoli so that it stays vibrant green.
Broccoli stems are most often tossed in the garbage without any thought. The fluffy little florets—the buds at the top of the stalk that pick up texture and absorb flavors and seasoning beautifully—get all. Don't throw out your broccoli stems! You can cook Broccoli Stem & Prawns ‘Nuta’ Salad with Miso Dressing using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Stem & Prawns ‘Nuta’ Salad with Miso Dressing
- You need 180-200 g of Broccoli Stems *Florets can be used.
- You need 100 g of Prawns *thawed if frozen.
- You need of *Note: Prawns can be replaced by other seafood such as Squid, Octopus, Scallops or Clams. Bocconcini are also good.
- You need 2 tablespoons of White Miso.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Mustard *Japanese Mustard if possible.
- It’s of *Note: You can add some chopped Basil leaves as well.
And now, this broccoli stem salad with lemony vinaigrette and black pepper crumbs is in the rotation. The broccoli stems pair perfectly with this punchy, lemony vinaigrette. This oven-roasted long stem broccoli recipe is another great side dish to serve if you have other food you are preparing in the oven. The preparation time is minimal and the taste is excellent.
Broccoli Stem & Prawns ‘Nuta’ Salad with Miso Dressing instructions
- Remove the tough outer parts from Broccoli stems, and slice into bite-size pieces. Prepare Prawns..
- Cook Broccoli pieces in the boiling salted water for a few minutes, then add Prawns and cook until Prawns are cooked..
- Drain and cool in the cold water, then drain well. If you use Broccoli Florets, remove excess water very well..
- In a bowl, combine White Miso, Sugar, Rice Vinegar and Mustard until smooth. (*You can add some chopped Basil leaves as well.) Add Broccoli and Prawns to the sauce and mix to combine..
Meatballs with Tahini and Tomatoes Recipe. Broccoli is such a healthy vegetable. Try peeling broccoli stems and discover a crisp, mild, crunchy treat. Stand the trimmed broccoli stem up on its flat end and, using a sharp knife and following the shape of the stem and the thickness. Discover how to cook long-stem broccoli by steaming, simmering or frying.