Chicken Confit Big Mac. You can use fat like duck fat, goose fat or you can also use. Is it Butter Chicken Big Mac or Big Mac Butter Chicken? Pull the chicken from the oil when it's done, and allow it to chill uncovered in the refrigerator until you're ready to crisp it up in a hot pan while the potatoes roast unattended in the oven.
Deluxe Mac and Cheese with Ground Chicken Meatballs. Chicken with Fall Vegetables and Whole-Grain Couscous. The Chicken Big Mac comes with crisp iceberg lettuce, melting signature cheese, onions, pickles and the Big Mac special sauce. You can cook Chicken Confit Big Mac using 22 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Confit Big Mac
- It’s of Chicken Confit:.
- You need 2 of Chicken Thighs Boneless with Skin on,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Dried Thyme,.
- You need 1 TSP of Dried Rosemary,.
- Prepare 1/2 TBSP of Sea Salt,.
- You need Pinch of White Pepper,.
- It’s 3 Cloves of Garlic,.
- It’s of Bay Leaf Break Into 2.
- It’s of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Confit.
- You need of White Wine Sauce:.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Unsalted Butter,.
- You need 4 of Shallots Finely Minced,.
- Prepare 500 ml of White Wine Preferably Sauvignon Blanc,.
- You need 300 ml of Homemade Vegetable Stock,.
- Prepare of Big Mac:.
- You need 2 of Big Mac Style Burger Buns,.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Parmigiano Reggiano Freshly Grated,.
- You need 4 TBSP of Gruyere Freshly Shredded,.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Kewpie Mayo,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Tomato Ketchup,.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of English Mustard,.
- Prepare Pinch of Nori Flakes,.
But now instead of two beef patties, you get delicious chicken. Slow Cooker Chicken Confit: I remember the days when the word "confit" was a rare treat I could only order at a fancy restaurant. Luckily, my never-ending culinary curiosity led me to research how to make my own confit at home. Big Mac sauce is incredibly creamy, with a sweet tang that adds just the right balance to a meaty griddled burger.
Chicken Confit Big Mac instructions
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/single-post/2019/09/12/Vegetable-Stock for the vegetable stock recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/single-post/2019/08/26/Burger-Buns for the burger buns recipe..
- Prepare chicken confit. Slice each chicken thigh into halves. Rub and coat the chicken thighs well with dried thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken onto a shallow bowl. Add in garlic and bay leaf..
- Cover with cling film and marinade in fridge for at least 12 hours to 24 hours. After marinating, preheat oven to 120 degrees celsius or 250 fahrenheit. Rinse the chicken thoroughly under running water to remove most of the salt. *Discard the rest of the marinade except for the garlic.*.
- Transfer the chicken into a casserole. Add in the garlic and just enuff oil to submerge the chicken. Cover the casserole tightly with aluminium foil. Wack into the oven and bake for at least 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the chicken is tender and almost fall apart..
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely. *This can keep in fridge for up to a month.* *Do not discard the garlic nor the oil as they are needed for the remaining recipes.* After the chicken has cooled, in a skillet over medium heat, drizzle in 2 TBSP of the chicken confit oil..
- Gently place in the chicken skin side down. *Careful as the oil may splatter.* Sear until golden brown. Flip, tilt the skillet and baste the chicken with the liquid..
- Remove from heat and set aside to allow the chicken to rest. Repeat the steps for the remaining chicken..
- Prepare the white wine sauce. In the same skillet over medium heat, add in the butter and another 2 TBSP of chicken confit oil. As soon as the butter start to melt, add in shallots. Saute until translucent..
- Remember the garlic from the confit? Squeeze the garlic out from it's skin and add into the skillet. Using the back of a spatula, press to form a paste. Saute until aromatic. Add in white wine and deglaze the skillet..
- Flambe the white wine with an igniter gun or a blow torch. *Be very careful when doing this.* Bring it up to a simmer and reduce to almost half. Add in vegetable stock..
- Bring it up to a simmer and reduce to almost half. Final taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper. As soon as it coats the back of a spoon, it is done. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Assemble the big mac. Preheat oven to broil. Transfer the chicken on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, skin side down. Add the cheeses onto the chicken..
- Wack into the oven and broil until the cheeses have melted. *If there is any juices or liquid, add it into the white wine sauce.* Slice the burger buns into 3 tier layers. Brush each side with the confit oil..
- Toast in a skillet until lightly browned. In a bowl, add mayo, ketchup and mustard. Mix until well combined. Spread the mayo sauce onto the bottom tier..
- Top it with the chicken confit. Spread the mayo sauce onto the 2nd tier. Place the 2nd tier layer on top of the chicken. Place another slice of chicken confit onto the 2nd tier..
- Ladle the white wine sauce over the burger. Sprinkle some nori flakes over the top. Lastly spread the mayo mixture onto the top tier. Finish the burger with the top tier. Slice and serve immediately..
It turns out that despite tasting similar to Thousand Island dressing, ketchup is nowhere to be found on the special sauce's ingredient list. The chicken confit can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month. "Can you please explain the process of confit? I know the classic is duck, but there must be other foods that use this technique. I am kind of hiding in shame just not getting it when reading instructions for this. Big Mac & Chicken McNuggets Contest Ended.