Spaghetti Bolognese. Spaghetti bolognese (sometimes called spaghetti alla bolognese, or colloquially 'spag bol', spaghetti with meat sauce, or just spaghetti) is a pasta dish that is popular outside Italy. Our best ever spaghetti bolognese is super easy and a true Italian classic with a meaty, chilli sauce. This recipe comes courtesy of BBC Good Food user Andrew Balmer.
Spaghetti Bolognese is a classic Italian meat sauce that is a staple in most families. My super simple Spaghetti Bolognese is the perfect dinner for any night of the week and will wow your family or guests. With our many spaghetti Bolognese recipes you can make it as simple or fancy as you like, from a stripped-back budget Bolognese to Tom Kerridge's oven-roasted version or the Hairy Bikers'. You can have Spaghetti Bolognese using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Bolognese
- Prepare 2 rashers of streaky bacon.
- It’s 1 of white onion.
- You need 1 stick of celery.
- You need 1 of large carrot.
- Prepare of Mushrooms (optional).
- It’s of Anchovies.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 500 g of beef mince.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 jar of passata.
- It’s of Oregano.
- You need of Basil.
- Prepare leaves of Bay.
- It’s of Spaghetti.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Tomato purée.
This Spaghetti Bolongese is my easy weeknight version that skips the. Our Spaghetti Bolognese recipe is a classic and made with homemade Bolognese sauce and Plus, as you're making the delicious bolognese sauce yourself from scratch, you know exactly what's going. Who doesn't love pasta drenched in a meaty tomato sauce! With our best ever spaghetti bolognese, we've perfected a true family favourite including tips on how to easily make it in a slow cooker.
Spaghetti Bolognese instructions
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry in a large such pot..
- Finely dice the onion, celery and carrot. Add to the pot and cook in the bacon fat..
- Add anchovy. Once the anchovy has dissolved, add the mushrooms if you want them in the dish..
- Continue cooking until the juices evaporate. Add the beef mince and minced garlic. Continue cooking until the beef changes colour..
- Add about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (or a glass of red wine if you prefer) and oregano. Add a few squirts of tomato purée and mix until the contents of the pot are covered with the red paste..
- Add the passata and bay leaves. Cook on a low heat for as long as you can. 30 minutes is fine, but the flavours will be better the longer you cook it. I prefer to leave it on the hob for at least an hour. 2 hours is even better. Just remember to keep an eye on the pot as you may need to add a splash of water if it becomes too dry..
- Season the bolognese to taste..
- Cook your spaghetti, drain, leave a little water in the pot to stop it from sticking. A splash of olive oil will also help with this and gives the pasta a nice shine..
- Either add the pasta to the bolognese or for the traditional British experience, place the spaghetti on your plate and top with the meat sauce..
- Serve with garlic bread and grated Parmesan cheese..
This recipe is the ultimate hearty midweek comfort food. Spaghetti Bolognese – the ultimate comfort food. What wine to use for spaghetti bolognese? Doesn't need to be anything OTT. A cheap bottle of dry red, something like Cabernet Sauvignon or.