Seafood Tom Yum Soup. First step of making Thai Seafood Soup (Tom Yum Talay) is to make the broth. Tom Yum soup (Tom Yum Goong) – everybody's favourite Thai soup is easy to make and just as Tom Yum soup is not one of those! Tom Yum Goong (ต้มยำกุ้ง) soup is one of the most well known dishes in Thai cuisine, and in this recipes you'll learn to make the authentic Thai street food style version.
The soup soothes and uplifts the spirit as well as the body. In Thailand, Tom Yum Talay is known for its health benefits and is the Thai equivalent of chicken noodle. Tom Yum is a simple, but flavorful, soup made with fresh lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, chiles, and protein… Galangal is not mandatory for the flavor of the Tom Yum recipe, but it is always used in Thailand. You can have Seafood Tom Yum Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seafood Tom Yum Soup
- It’s of Tom yum paste (supermarket).
- It’s of Lemongrass (slice in to pieces).
- You need of Red Onion (slice into pieces).
- It’s 8 of prawns (shell on).
- It’s 1 of squid (sliced).
- Prepare of Cabbage (sliced).
- You need 500 ml of water.
- Prepare of Red chilli (in pieces).
- It’s of Lime juice.
It is added to seafood recipes specifically to neutralize the strong fishy aroma. Tom yum or tom yam is a type of hot and sour Thai soup, usually cooked with shrimp (prawn). Tom yum has its origin in Thailand. The words "tom yam" are derived from two Thai words.
Seafood Tom Yum Soup instructions
- Stir fry tom yum paste and add in the water to put to boil.
- Add in lemongrass, red chilli & onion.
- Add in cabbage, prawns and squid (wash with salt and rise off) (boli for 3 min) add in lime juice (boil another 8min) ready to serve.
Tom yum seafood soup is a delicious and easy recipe that is ideal for using up leftovers. Calorie counting doesn't have to mean cutting back on taste, as this delicious tom yum seafood soup shows you how. Tom Yum Talay – traditional Thai recipe for hot & sour soup with seafood, a popular dish from Thailand with medicinal qualities. Easy recipe for tom yum seafood soup with fish, prawns, green beans and mushrooms. You can use any brand of tom yum paste – simply adjust the herbs, spices and chilli to suit your taste.