Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi. This gnocchi with tomato sauce recipe is a simple one pan meal that takes store-bought gnocchi to the next level! Parm and mozza make it extra The second time I was close; the tomato sauce was subbed for diced tomatoes, and I also decided to add some mozzarella and Italian seasoning to the. The sauce should reduce to a thickened consistency.
These potato gnocchi are light, soft and airy exactly as they should be. You can serve gnocchi with any. Pan-fried pollock with homemade gnocchi and Calabrian nduja Recipe. You can cook Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi
- You need of Potato Gnocchi.
- Prepare 800 g of Potato (floury kind).
- You need 150-200 g of flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg (whisked with a fork).
- Prepare of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 75 ml of olive oil.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves(pressed back of knife).
- Prepare 2 of shallots (sliced).
- You need 400 g of Tinned Tomato.
- Prepare of King Prawns (15-20 de-shelled, de-veined, retain heads & shells).
- You need 5-6 leaves of Basil.
- It’s of Nduja 1-2 tsp (to taste).
- You need 125 ml of white wine.
- You need of Anchovy 2-3 fillets.
- Prepare of Parsley (chopped).
- It’s of Salt.
Australian Gourmet Traveller recipe for roast eggplant, 'nduja and scamorza by Bourke Street Bakery After Australian Gourmet Traveller recipe for squid-ink gnochetti Sardi with prawns and 'nduja by Mitchell Orr from. Caterina Ceraudo's 'nduja bottoni recipe sees the fiery salumi tempered by creamy almonds for a winning filled pasta dish. Blitz the soaked almonds in a high-power blender until smooth, or use a Pacojet to process if you have one. Whip the 'nduja, pass through a sieve and mix with the almond. 'Nduja is a soft, spicy pork sausage from Italy.
Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi instructions
- Ingredients – Homemade gnocchi is of course optional and could be substituted with store brought..
- De-shell prawns and remove the veins keeping all shells and heads, placing raw prawns into the fridge for later..
- In a small sauce pan add olive oil and when sizzling cook the reserved heads and shells for 5 minutes add 200 ml of water to the pan and ensure you scrape any of the bits stuck to the bottom of the pan (fond). Using a fine mesh sieve and a potato masher extract juices into a jug and set aside for later.
- To make the potato gnocchi cook whole potatoes (skin on) in a large pan of salted water for 25-30 minutes or until tender..
- Drain and leave until cool enough to handle then remove skins from the potatoes..
- Mash the potatoes using a ricer (or a sieve and the back of a kitchen spoon) into a bowl adding the egg and 150g of the flour gently to form a soft dough (you may need to add the rest if too loose).
- On a floured work surface, cut the gnocchi dough into 4-6 pieces and roll into long sausage shapes about 2 cm in diameter. Cut each sausage into 3 cm lengths and roll each piece against the back of a fork. Set aside..
- To make the tomato sauce add oil, anchovy, reserved prawn stock and garlic to a small saucepan on a low heat for about 5 minutes. Increase the flame to medium and add the sliced shallots for another 5 minutes..
- Add a dash of salt, tinned tomatoes and white wine and boil for 2-3 minutes before turning heat down to a simmer for 20 minutes or until thickens. At this stage you will need to have a large pan of salted water on the boil to cook the gnocchi when sauce is ready..
- Once you are happy with the consistency of the sauce add the basil leaves and a teaspoon of Nduja. Check the balance of the flavour and add more depending on preference being careful not to overpower the prawn flavour..
- In a large frying pan fry prawns in olive oil adding a touch of salt and cook until pink. Set aside..
- Cook gnocchi until the float to the surface and leave for another 20 seconds. Drain and then add to the tomato sauce..
- To complete the dish serve gnocchi in a warm bowl, sprinkle chopped parsley and place prawns on top..
It's delicious in this simple classic dish. Do not crowd the pan; you may need to cook the gnocchi in batches..on Yummly Smoked Sausage Gnocchi With Sun Dried Tomatoes, Tricolor Gnocchi With Sausage Ragu, Asparagus Pesto With Gnocchi And Ham. A hearty, wholesome and delicious meal. – by Hannah Oakshott. Add pork mince and increase heat to high.