Sweet and Spicy Sesame Chicken with Rice.
You can cook Sweet and Spicy Sesame Chicken with Rice using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Spicy Sesame Chicken with Rice
- It’s of Rice.
- It’s of Boneless chicken.
- It’s of Spring onions.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of buffalo sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare of Chilli flakes (quantity personal preference).
- It’s 1/2 cup of cornflour.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Sesame seeds.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Vegetable stock.
Sweet and Spicy Sesame Chicken with Rice step by step
- Preheat oven to 160oC.
- Dice the chicken, season with salt and pepper in a bowl then cover with 1/2 cup cornflour and the beaten egg. Mix until a velvety substance begins to coat the chicken. Leave to stand for 20mins.
- Make the sauce by mixing together: 1/3 cup buffalo sauce, 1tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp chilli flakes, 1/4 tsp salt, 1tbsp water and 3/4 cup soft brown sugar.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok. Cook chicken for 2mins until golden brown then place onto chopping board to remove excess oil.
- Line a baking tray with tinfoil, add chicken and top with the buffalo sauce mix. Ensure all chicken is coated. Bake for 30mins until sauce has thickened, turning over after 15mins to evenly coat the chicken.
- Cook rice in vegetable stock.
- Chop spring onions. Serve chicken on top of rice with topping of sesame seeds and spring onion greens.