Spaghetti Bolognese For Two.
You can cook Spaghetti Bolognese For Two using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Bolognese For Two
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, trimmed and finely chopped.
- You need 2 of celery sticks, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 springs of rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped.
- Prepare 500 g of beef mince.
- You need of for bolonaise sauce.
- Prepare 2-400 g of tins plum tomatoes.
- Prepare of small pack basil, leaves picked, 3/4 finely chopped and the rest left whole for garnish.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 of fresh bay leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 of red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional).
- Prepare 125 ml of red wine.
- Prepare 6 of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
- Prepare of To Season and Serve.
- Prepare 75 g of parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve.
- It’s 400 g of spaghetti.
Spaghetti Bolognese For Two step by step
- Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the bacon and fry for 10 mins until golden and crisp..
- Reduce the heat and add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and rosemary, then fry for 10 mins. Stir the veg often until it softens..
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the mince and cook stirring for 3-4 mins until the meat is browned all over..
- Add the tinned tomatoes, chopped basil, oregano, bay leaves, tomato purée, stock cube, chilli, wine and cherry tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking up the plum tomatoes..
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a. Cook for 1hr 15 mins stirring occasionally, until you have a rich, thick sauce. Add the Parmesan, check the seasoning and stir..
- When the Bolognese is nearly finished cooking the spaghetti following instructions. Drain the spaghetti and stir into the Bolognese sauce. Serve with grated Parmesan, the extra basil leaves and crusty bread.