Egg custard. If you have some eggs around and some milk, then this is for you. Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla together in a bowl until completely combined. An English baked egg custard tart is an all-time British classic tea time treat.
My egg custard becomes watery when refrigerated. I cool it to room temperature before refrigerating. Custard is a variety of culinary preparations based on milk or cream cooked with egg yolk to thicken it, and sometimes also flour, corn starch, or gelatin. You can cook Egg custard using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg custard
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
Whip up your own egg custard for these tempting sweet treats. Use homemade custard in traditional fruity bakes, classic crème brûlée and Portuguese-inspired tarts. Before adding the custard, remove any remaining foam from the egg mixture. Next, pour the mixture into each tart shell – filling ¾ of the way full.
Egg custard instructions
- Pre heat oven to 165°C.
- Whisk all except nutmeg in a bowl until completely combined..
- Pour mixture in custard cups, sprinkle tops with nutmeg..
- Place cups in a hot water bath, halfway up the sides of the custard cups..
- Bake until set, about an hour..
- Cool completely..
Place on a rimmed baking sheet (to prevent spilling) and. This egg custard recipe is so easy to make, yet full of flavor. Treat yourself with this simple and easy baked custard recipe from the Incredible Egg. Traditional Egg Custard Tart is one of my all-time favorite desserts! It's a great recipe to serve for No one can argue that this traditional egg custard tart, if it is made correctly, has a silky smooth custard.