Brandy, garlic and butter mussels. This Mussels recipe is one of my all time favorites. Add the mussels, wine, salt and black pepper. Cover and bring to the boil, shaking occasionally.
We throw in some smoked ham, garlic, and fresh herbs to create a delicious appetizer for your guests. Add bread and a green salad for a complete meal. Cream the butter with the garlic and parsley in a bowl and set aside. You can have Brandy, garlic and butter mussels using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brandy, garlic and butter mussels
- It’s 1 of kilo of mussels.
- You need Clove of garlic.
- Prepare Glass of brandy.
- You need Knob of butter.
- It’s of Drizzle of olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Parsley and bread to serve.
Detach the lid from the base and place the mussels still sitting in their shells on a baking sheet. Combine the butter, garlic, parsley and seasonings in a small bowl, and mix together well. Place the mussels in a large baking dish, and spoon the butter/garlic mixture on top. Mix the butter, breadcrumbs, garlic and parsley.
Brandy, garlic and butter mussels instructions
- Wash mussels well. Remove beard..
- Put garlic, butter and oil in a pan. When the butter starts to bubble remove garlic.
- And then add the mussels. Cover and turn up the heat.
- After a couple of minutes then will start to open. Add brandy and let it evaporate. Sprinkle with salt. Cover again and turn off the heat. Leave to steam for about 5 minutes until fully opened. Shake pan a few times but don't lift the lid. After 5 mins, serve in the sauce which will have thickened slightly.
Put a layer of half mussel shells on a baking tray. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over each one then flash under a very hot grill until just golden. Our mussels are produced naturally using what nature has to give. Within hours of harvesting, the mussels are cleaned, cooked with our delicious sauce, and frozen in a vacuum sealed bag. This ensures that the mussels we bring from tide to table retain the fresh from the sea flavor and texture.