Pumpkin Tofu & Miso Ramen.
You can have Pumpkin Tofu & Miso Ramen using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Tofu & Miso Ramen
- Prepare of Pumpkin.
- It’s 600 g of pumpkin, cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of white miso paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of flavourless oil (rice bran, grapeseed, etc).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of (heaped) brown sugar.
- It’s of Broth.
- It’s 3 of and a half cups vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 of quarter cup white miso paste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 10 cm of piece of ginger, peeled and sliced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 1 of spring onion, finely chopped.
- It’s of Topping.
- You need of Kernels from 2 corn cobs or a medium tin of corn kernels, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 100 grams of ramen noodles.
- It’s 1 bunch of broccolini.
- It’s 1 bunch of bok choy or any other leafy greens.
- It’s of Optional topping additions.
- It’s 100 grams of fun tofu, cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- It’s 2 cm of piece of ginger, peeled and sliced.
Pumpkin Tofu & Miso Ramen instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and prep ingredients..
- For the pumpkin: Mix miso paste, soy sauce, oil and brown sugar into a big bowl and then add the pumpkin pieces. Coat pumpkin thoroughly. Even spread the pumpkin on some oven trays and bake for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is caramelised..
- For the broth: Put the vege stock in a saucepan and add the ginger, garlic and spring onion. Bring to a simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add the noodles and cook over a low heat until noodles are cooked through..
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in miso paste and say sauce to the broth. Taste it and dilute with boiling water if it’s too strong. Remove the noodles so they don’t get soggy (put them in a separate bowl) and strain the broth into a large bowl. Straining is optional..
- To serve: Pour the hot broth into serving bowls and add noodles. Then place green veges and corn kernels in, then pumpkin and the optional tofu. Garnish with coriander, sesame seeds or a little bit of sesame oil..
- Optional step for tofu topping: Whilst the broth is heating: Pan fry some tofu cubes, sesame seeds, ginger and soy sauce in a non stick saucepan. Toss the tofu so that all sides are coated and cook for 10 minutes or until browned..