Baked eggs and aubergine in spicy sauce. Aubergine has a deliciously creamy texture when cooked properly. Learn how to prepare it and cook it in the oven or under the grill, and see our top aubergine recipes including moussaka, ratatouille and caponata. Spiced aubergine mixture topped with eggs and baked.
Shakshuka is a spicy baked egg dish, originally from North Africa. It is a favorite breakfast dish in Israel. It makes my day when I see you've made one of our recipes! You can have Baked eggs and aubergine in spicy sauce using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked eggs and aubergine in spicy sauce
- You need 2 large of free range eggs.
- It’s 1 of tin plum tomatos.
- It’s 1 of half chopped aubergine.
- It’s 1 of quartre red onion.
- You need 1 of Half chopped red pepper.
- You need 1 of handful chestnut mushrooms, halved.
- It’s 1 dash of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 of evoo.
- You need 1 of fresh chopped herbs – thyme, rosemary, parsley.
- It’s 1 of smoked paprika, s+p, dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 of grated mature cheddar.
- You need 1 clove of smoked garlic.
- You need 1 of Half red chilli, chopped.
Here is the handy printable recipe: Shakshuka (Baked Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce). Instead on the pan I baked it in the toaster oven (ran out of gas lol) I cooked all the ingredients first in the oven (excluding the. To serve, spoon an egg with sauce directly onto a slice of toast and garnish with torn basil. Eat with a knife and fork.
Baked eggs and aubergine in spicy sauce instructions
- Dice the red onion, place in a pyrex/casserole dish with the fresh thyme, small amount of evoo and the balsamic vinegar. Roast in oven for about 10 min till onions slightly caramelised..
- Tip out excess balsamic. Add the aubergine, mushrooms, pepper, tin tomatos, garlic. Add a dash of evoo, s+p, chopped chilli, fresh rosemary, parsley, dried oregano and smoked paprika. Stir well and put back into oven on 175°F for 35 minutes..
- Take out of oven (dont turn oven off), stir well, carefully break the eggs in the centre of the dish. Sprinkle on the parsley. Carefully sprinkle the grated cheese around the edges of the dish so you have a ring of cheese with the eggs in the middle. Return to the oven..
- Bake for another 20 minutes, untill eggs are done. Serve hot with crusty bread..
Shakshuka is a popular Middle Eastern dish of eggs baked in a spicy tomato sauce that can be served any time of day. This was back when I began learning more about cooking and food, experimenting in the kitchen. I enjoyed making spicy sauces and decided to toss a few eggs in with it to poach them. Creating a good sauce is really easy. Just mix everything together and pour it over the eggplant at the end of cooking.