Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option. Crisp-tender, just-cooked cabbage serves as a warm salad base for seasoned sweet potatoes. To build a meal around this dish, chef Michael Anthony suggests adding "a few other dishes, like roasted Remove garlic cloves. Transfer cabbage to serving bowl, and top with sweet potato mixture.
Cruciferous vegetables contain compounds called isothiocyanates, which may help reduce the risk of. Sweet potato noodles salad with cabbage and lentils is a warm and hearty salad that's perfect for fall and winter. It's vibrant, nutrient-packed and loaded In addition to the sweet potato noodles, we've got sautéed onion, Swiss chard and red cabbage. You can have Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option
- You need 2 of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of + 1 tsp olive oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of red cabbage, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare of Generous pinch sea salt.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of raw honey – if vegan, try 2 tsp apple sauce and less lemon.
- It’s 3 cm of chunk fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare of Lots of fresh parsley.
Sautéed onions that are caramelized are the best. To make the red cabbage slaw, whisk the oil and lemon juice together in a large bowl and season with lots of ground black pepper. Put the potatoes on two plates, split them and fill with the lentils. Spoon over the yogurt, garnish with coriander and serve with the coleslaw and lemon wedges for squeezing. ✿ Veganlovlie Recipes / Sautéed Cabbage with Potatoes – Vegan : A simple sautéed cabbage recipe with potatoes cooked Mauritian style.
Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Score the potatoes with a cross. Put on baking tray and bake for 45 minutes – or until a fork goes into them easily..
- In a pan – with a lid for later – heat the oil on a medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté until the onions are translucent. About 10 mins or so..
- Add the cabbage, salt and water and the juice of HALF the lemon. Cover and cook for about 35 mins until tender. Add more water if needed..
- In a small bowl, mix the juice from the other half of the lemon with the honey (or apple sauce) and the ginger..
- When the cabbage is cooked, take off the heat and stir the lemon/honey/ ginger mix through..
- To serve: split open the potatoes, spoon the cabbage mix on top and sprinkle generous amount of parsley on the top. Enjoy 😋.
Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Braised Cabbage. Cabbage is a cool-weather crop, after all. The base of this winter slaw is a mix of red cabbage and julienned sweet potato, bejeweled with orange segments This winter slaw is loaded with texture, and the sturdy red cabbage and crunchy raw sweet potato hold up Monday through Friday in the fridge. This vegan sweet potato recipe is a blend of sweet, savory and a tad spicy. It's also creamy and crunchy— the best of both worlds.