You can have Popcorn Prawns using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Popcorn Prawns
- It’s 250 g of peeled small Prawns (Shrimps).
- Prepare of Salt & White Pepper.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of Onion Powder *optional but recommended.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of Plain Flour.
- You need 1 of Egg *lightly whisked.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs *fine type preferred but ‘Panko’ is OK.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- You need of Aurora Dipping Sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Japanese Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Tomato Ketchup.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of finely chopped Red Onion.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Lemon Juice OR Vinegar.
- You need of Tabasco OR Chilli Sauce as required.
Popcorn Prawns step by step
- Heat Oil in a heavy-based saucepan to 170°C to 180°C. To make Aurora Dipping Sauce, combine all the ingredients..
- Clean small Prawns (OR Shrimps), pat dry with paper towel, season with Salt and Pepper, and sprinkle with Onion Powder..
- Coat with Plain Flour, dip into whisked Egg, then coat with Bread Crumbs. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy. Take them out and lay them on a rack to drain the excess oil..
- Serve hot or warm, with Aurora Dipping Sauce. Crunch! Crunch!.