Refreshing cucumber and wakame (sea vegetable) sweet and sour salad. These light refreshing vinegar salads are a great start to any meal as the sourness from the vinegar helps whet your appetite. Squeeze water out from wakame seaweed and cucumber. Japanese cuisine has embraced edible sea vegetables, particularly nutrient-rich seaweed, for centuries because they contain the widest variety of minerals of any vegetable group.
She especially loves wakame mixed with miso, ginger and cucumber. Whisk in vegetable oil and toasted sesame oil and season with salt. Add the wakame along with cucumbers and scallions and toss well. You can cook Refreshing cucumber and wakame (sea vegetable) sweet and sour salad using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Refreshing cucumber and wakame (sea vegetable) sweet and sour salad
- It’s 10 cm of long cucumber.
- You need 10 g of dried wakame (sea vegetable).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of fish stock (optional).
The combination of cucumber and wakame is one of the most popular types of Sunomono. If you have a mandolin or vegetable slicer, it's a breeze to make this. But even if not, you can still slice cucumbers the old Dear Noriko San: thank you for the refreshing cucumber/wakame salad recipe. Drain wakame, and transfer to medium bowl.
Refreshing cucumber and wakame (sea vegetable) sweet and sour salad instructions
- Soak the wakame in plenty of cold water for 8-10 minutes..
- Slice cucumber thinly and mix with some salt. Leave for 5 minutes..
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and fish stock or water in a bowl..
- Squeeze wakame and cucumber and mix with above dressing..
Chilled cucumbers and wakame in a sweet & tangy dressing make a This sounds wonderfully refreshing. I could imagine throwing in a mix of black and white sesame. This salad is refreshing: crunchy and light with a subtle, tangy punch. It makes the perfect side dish to complement heavier fare. If you have a food processor, use the slicing blade attachment for the cucumbers and the shredding Replace the wakame with scallions if sea veggies aren't your thing.