Chickpeas & Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl (vegan). Want to know what to do with chickpeas? Here are our top recipes to use canned chickpeas, tagines, chickpea stews and hummus. Canned chickpeas: Canned chickpeas are pre-cooked chickpeas.
Chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans, ceci, and bengal gram) are loved around the globe. Canned or dried, they've got a prime spot in our pantry. These nutritional overachievers are chock-full of fiber and protein. You can have Chickpeas & Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl (vegan) using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpeas & Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl (vegan)
- You need of Vegetables.
- Prepare of Sweet potato.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare Half of medium red onion.
- Prepare 1 handful of kale.
- Prepare of Chickpeas.
- You need 1 of chickpeas tin.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 3/4 of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need of Chilli powder (optional).
- It’s of Tahini Sauce.
- You need Half of lemon.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of tahini.
- You need 1 tsp of maple syrup / honey.
- You need 2-4 tbsp of hot water.
Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are rich in nutrients and may provide a range of health benefits. In this article, learn more about the nutritional contents of chickpeas and how to use them. Chickpeas, also referred to as garbanzo beans, are usually boiled. You can prepare these beans in a slow cooker or in the oven as well, though.
Chickpeas & Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl (vegan) step by step
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F/200 C and arrange sweet potatoes and onions on a oven tray. Drizzle both with a bit of oil, making sure the flesh of the sweet potatoes are well coated and placed skin side down. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and toss with seasonings..
- Then heat a pan, sprinkle olive oil and add chickpeas. Sauté and stir frequently.
- Remove from oven and turn sweet potatoes to other side and bake for 15 min.
- Remove from oven and add kale. Put back and bake for another 10 minutes. After 10 min pierce the sweet potato with a fork to make sure its cooked..
- Everything ready to be served!.
Chickpeas are one of those pantry staples that I almost always have on hand. If you don't have a When it comes to lunch and dinner, chickpeas can do it all. Bulk up a green salad, soup, or curry. Two varieties of chickpea: the larger light tan Kabuli and variously coloured Desi chickpea. Learn how to soak and cook dried chickpeas for silky hummus and side dishes.