Skinny oven fried chicken. When I am trying to control my calorie intake a big turn off is boring food. For me, it's very important that the food looks There is nothing ho-hum about this Skinny Oven-Fried Chicken! The chicken has the same crispy, golden texture as the fried version.
Cut the fat with this oven baked "fried" chicken. As a food blogger, I'm often asked to review products coming onto the market. I agree to do reviews only if I think the product might be of interest. You can have Skinny oven fried chicken using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Skinny oven fried chicken
- It’s 450 g of chicken fillets.
- Prepare 2 tbls of 0% plain Greek yoghurt.
- You need 50 g of cornflakes.
- Prepare 1 tbls of garlic granules.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional).
- It’s 125 g of breadcrumbs.
These Skinny Oven Fries are a healthy makeover of an all-time favorite side dish. The other type is the floury potato, and the Russet or Idaho fall into this category. These have a rough and thicker skin and a light/fluffy/starchy interior. Ingredients: You'll need four Chicken legs quarters. (Or eight pieces of chicken.
Skinny oven fried chicken instructions
- Place the chicken in a bowl with the yoghurt and mix well..
- Cover the mixture and place in the fridge for a few hours (overnight is best)..
- Place all the dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse till well combined..
- Heat the oven to 220°C (fan assisted)..
- Place the breadcrumb mixture in a plate and cover each chicken fillet well by pressing it down firmly into the mixture..
- Place the breadcrumb chicken onto a lightly oiled baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes turning half way so to crisp on both sides..
- The fillets can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 2 months. Heat for 10-15 minutes at 180°C before serving..
- A great accompaniment is sweet chilli sauce and a salad..
This Oven Fried Chicken is baked in the oven, yet still has so much flavor and a satisfying crunch! I've tried a lot of oven fried chicken recipes using a variety A lot of skinny recipes tend to lack flavor, but not this one. Place flour in a shallow plate or bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Oven fried chicken without flour or no buttermilk. As I always like to point out, everyone has their own definition of "healthy".