🍤🍞Sesame Prawn🍞🍤 Toast. Spread the prawn mixture on top, taking it right to the edges of the bread. Brush the beaten egg carefully over the top and sides and sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds so they stick all over. Prawn toast is incredibly easy to make yourself and so delicious it's almost criminal!
Prawn toast is a delicious type of toast often served in Chinese buffets. Here's an article on making your own for starters, as party food, for with drinks or a very light meal accompanied by a simple salad. Put the sesame seeds in a small bowl and press the paste side into the seeds. You can cook 🍤🍞Sesame Prawn🍞🍤 Toast using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 🍤🍞Sesame Prawn🍞🍤 Toast
- Prepare 4 slices of white bread,crusts off & cut into 16 triangles.
- Prepare 190 g of raw king prawns, shells off.
- Prepare 1 of egg white.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger, finely diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of light soya sauce.
- You need 2 pinches of salt.
- You need 2 pinches of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 3 of – 4 tblsp sesame seeds.
- You need of Vegetable oil, for frying.
Drain on a kitchen towel and slice into fingers to serve. Spread the prawn paste on to the toast, i.e. top, bottom and sides. Prawn toast is a Chinese takeaway favourite, but did you know you can make your own? Beat the takeaway with Big Prawn and our delicious recipe Pour the sesame seeds into a shallow bowl, large enough to fit the bread pieces, then press each one, prawn side down, into the seeds until you have. ½ tsp toasted sesame oil.
🍤🍞Sesame Prawn🍞🍤 Toast instructions
- Blitz together the prawns, egg white, ginger, soy sauce, salt and white pepper in a food processor until you have a bitty paste..
- Spread the prawn paste mixture evenly over the 16 bread triangles, aiming for a layer of paste that is 3-4mm thick. Generously pat a layer of sesame seeds onto the prawn toasts..
- Heat 1 – 2 cm of vegetable oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Test that it is ready for frying by dipping in a piece of crust from the bread – it should sizzle and bubble but not turn brown immediately..
- In batches, fry the sesame toasts. Lower them into the oil prawn-side down for 1-2 minutes, then flip and fry for a further 1-2 minutes until the bread is golden and crispy. Remove onto kitchen paper or a cooling rack, then serve immediately while still hot and crunchy..
Spread the un-toasted sides of the bread with the prawn mixture and then place prawn side down back onto the griddle pan to grill for three minutes or until cooked through. This crispy Sesame Prawn Toast with juicy prawn and sesame seeds is a crowd favourite. Spread a spoonful of prawn mixture onto each triangle, and then coat prawn side with sesame seeds. This crunchy Ken Hom sesame prawn toast recipe make the perfect starter to any Asian banquet. Packed full with prawn, chestnuts and minced pork these crispy bites will leave you wanting more.