Simple Cranberry Chicken Salad. This simple and tasty Cranberry Chicken Salad is a great fridge staple for a quick, protein-filled snack or sandwich filling. It's also perfect for picnics and potlucks! Chicken salad can be made a million different ways, but this is my classic, the one I come back to again and again.
It's also a good excuse to swing by the bakery and pick up some artisan bread or rolls! This cranberry pecan chicken salad is perfect for fall and tastes great with leftover Thanksgiving turkey too! ? Chicken and cranberries may possibly be the best combination after turkey and cranberries! You can cook Simple Cranberry Chicken Salad using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Prepare 2 of small boneless skinless chicken breasts – fully cooked,chopped.
- Prepare 2 of hardboiled eggs – chopped.
- You need 1/2 of small onion – finely chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dried cranberries.
- You need 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tbs of dijon mustard.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Feel free to add a bit of celery to the salad if you want to. However, this recipe is not complicated and uses clean, crisp flavors of the apple, lemon, and nuts to hit the right spot. This cranberry chicken salad recipe is filled with sweet cranberries, crunchy celery and pine nuts. Serve cold as a sandwich or on apple slices or lettuce.
Simple Cranberry Chicken Salad instructions
- Place chicken, onion, cranberries, mayonnaise, and dijon in a medium bowl. Stir to combine until well blended. Taste. Add salt and pepper if desired..
- Gently fold in chopped hard boiled eggs. Cover. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!.
- Note: I chopped my chicken down to a little bigger than 1/4 inch pieces, and my onion to about 1/8 inch pieces. Eggs were about the same size as the chicken..
To cook the chicken for cranberry chicken salad, I usually top the chicken breasts with olive oil and salt & pepper and cover the pan with foil. A light chicken salad with the sweetness of dried cranberries and the crunch of pecans can be served as a sandwich filling or eaten as is. I LOVE dried cranberries so this chicken salad was right up my alley. I chopped up the chicken and opted to used celery in place of the green onions. This easy Cranberry Chicken Salad Wrap recipe has chicken, slivered almonds, celery, and dried cranberries for added flavor.