Seafood and Chicken Paella.
You can have Seafood and Chicken Paella using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seafood and Chicken Paella
- You need 28 grams of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 200 grams of chorizo cut into thin slices.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of saffron strands.
- You need 1 large of onion finely chopped.
- You need 6 clove of garlic peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper diced.
- It’s 1 of red pepper diced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of paella rice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme leaf.
- You need 946 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 4 large of tomatoes de-seeded and diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli flakes or 1 chilli finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 cup of peas.
- It’s 6 large of king prawns.
- It’s 350 grams of prawns.
- Prepare 300 grams of squid cut into bite sized pieces.
- It’s 1/2 kg of mussels.
Seafood and Chicken Paella step by step
- Heat half the olive oil and butter in a large flat bottom pan over medium heat. Get another pan ready for your seafood for later, and a pan with a tight fitting lid for your mussels for later..
- Fry chicken breasts for a couple of minutes to seal the meat and then remove from pan and set aside..
- Fry chorizo until slightly crisp. Get your hot chicken stock ready and add saffron to the stock..
- Add onions and 5 cloves of garlic and fry until soft..
- Add thyme, chilli flakes and rice. Stir until rice is coated with oil. Turn down heat if rice starts to stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Add paprika and 3/4 cup of wine. The rest of the wine you will use for the mussels later..
- When wine starts to bubble add the part cooked chicken and about 1 and 1/2 pints of chicken stock. Add tomatoes, peppers and peas. Turn down heat and cook for about 10 minutes. Don't take your eye of the pan because this rice is like a sponge. If it sticks or feels to thick add a little more stock. If is to thin it will reduce down so don't panic..
- Now is the time to put the cat out. Heat rest of oil and garlic and butter in your other pan. Fry king prawns over a medium heat for about 1 minute each side. Add to paella. Try to keep some oil you have a little more to do..
- Put mussels into remaining pan with the rest of the wine and cook over a moderate to high heat for about 5 minutes. Keep lid on pan as the steam will cook the mussels. Give the pan a shake every minute or so. when mussels are open remove from heat but leave in pan. Discard any mussels that are not open..
- While the mussels are cooking fry prawns for about 1 minute. Add to paella..
- Now add squid to pan for no more than 1 minute and add to paella..
- Add mussels to paella. Mix them in or decoarate the pan with them (see photo)..
- Lemon and parsley to garnish. Let the cat in and enjoy..