Stretchy Vegan Mozzarella. Meet the vegan mozzarella cheese of your dreams! Stretchy melty and so cheesy you won't believe you made it yourself vegan mozzarella! Vegan mozzarella cheese which melts, browns and stretches like the real thing!
Learn how to made melty and stretchy vegan mozzarella cheese at home—yes, you read that right. Get ready to have your mind blown! You're going to feel like a vegan top chef at home with this. You can cook Stretchy Vegan Mozzarella using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stretchy Vegan Mozzarella
- You need 1/2 cup of raw cashews, soaked.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of tapioca starch (I used arrowroot flour).
A delicious vegan mozzarella recipe that is made with coconut milk. It melts and stretches and is perfect for vegan pizza, grilled cheese, quesadillas, lasagnas, and casseroles. Melty-stretchy gooey mozzarella cheese is something that I think all of us vegans dream of. This Vegan Mozzarella is very mild and neutral flavored.
Stretchy Vegan Mozzarella step by step
- Boil 2 cups of water (I just heat up water in my tea kettle). Pour the water over the cashews and let soak for 5 minutes and up to an hour..
- Drain the cashews, and add them to a blender along with 1 1/3 cups fresh water (not the water you soaked the cashews in), lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and tapioca starch. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed. It will be very watery at this point..
- Now pour the watery mixture into a small saucepan and bring the heat to medium. Begin to stir with a spatula or spoon..
- After a few minutes, it will begin to get clumpy. Keep stirring, constantly until suddenly it will become super gooey, stretchy, thick and smooth. It will become one big mass of stretchy vegan cheese. Remove from heat as soon as this happens..
- Use immediately, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator. It is easiest to use immediately, because it will thicken up more in the fridge and be less stretchy. So if possible, especially for using on pizza or lasagna, make right before using..
- For pizza, drop 1-2 tablespoon sized balls onto the crust and pat down a little bit. Or spread it all over. It will brown in the oven. For lasagna, drop dollops of the cheese all over the top towards the end of cooking time. Or place between bread and grill for grilled cheese..
It is rich and creamy, and has bit of that satisfying. Stretchy, cheesy, and melty Vegan Mozzarella Cheese! Serve as an appetizer with fresh basil and sliced. Last week on Instagram I showed you in my instal-stories that I made the easiest vegan mozzarella This is what gives it that stretchy consistency that we all look for when we buy plant-based cheese. We put five vegan shredded mozzarella cheese brands to the test, and here's what we thought.