Uji matcha Ice cream. The best Matcha Ice Cream to make at home! Picked this place to stop at in Uji because of the mentions on the internet about the double matcha soft serve and how others thought it had the best flavour. Make the best and authentic Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream at home with this easy recipe.
You can trust a Japanese company to do proper matcha ice cream, not that weak-ass Haagen Dazs crap. Eat now! "The BEST Matcha ice cream I've ever tasted. From the last post, Matcha was brought into Kyoto and eventually expanded into Uji. You can cook Uji matcha Ice cream using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Uji matcha Ice cream
- You need 2 tbs of Uji matcha.
- Prepare 2 tsp of icing sugar.
- You need 1 of lemon zest.
- It’s 2 tbs of brandy.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 50 ml of golden syrup.
- It’s 50 ml of honey.
- It’s 400 ml of double cream.
- Prepare 200 ml of hole milk.
Pour cooled matcha mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Enjoy uji matcha ice cream with subtle bitter taste and deep taste of condensed milk. Matcha is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves, traditionally consumed in East Asia. It is special in two aspects of farming and processing: the green tea plants.
Uji matcha Ice cream step by step
- Prepare big bowl. At first mix Uji matcha and icing sugar well, then add brandy, vanilla essence, lemon zest, honey & golden syrup into the bowl, then mix them well..
- Add milk and double cream, then mix well..
- Put mixture into ice-cream maker. Set for 45-60mins. After finish, keep it in a freezer over night..
Matcha ice cream is also popularly referred to as "green tea ice cream." Green tea ice cream is a popular Japanese ice cream flavor and perfect as a sweet and refreshing dessert after a traditional Japanese meal. Ceremonial matcha is the highest quality green tea powder available. As matcha tea is becoming more and more popular, many more people are starting to drink it in umpteen parts of the world. The Japanese Matcha Ice Cream (Green Tea Ice Cream) is relatively new to me. Growing up, we had red bean ice cream, corn ice cream, durian ice cream, and yam ice cream but not Matcha Ice Cream.