Chickpea and Lentil Neatoaf.
You can cook Chickpea and Lentil Neatoaf using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea and Lentil Neatoaf
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
- You need 1 cup of already prepared brown lentils.
- You need 1.5 cups of quick cooking Oats.
- Prepare 1 cup of Mushrooms diced small.
- You need 1 cup of Carrot diced small.
- Prepare 1 of small Onion diced small.
- Prepare 1 can of diced Tomatoes.
- It’s of Vegan no sugar ketchup or 1 small can of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Vegan Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1/4 of vegetable broth.
Chickpea and Lentil Neatoaf step by step
- Dry sauté onion until translucent, add mushrooms and vegetable broth and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Then add cooked lentils, diced tomatoes and all of the spices and the vegan Worcestershire sauce. Let these all cook on medium low for about 10 minutes till tomatoes start to break down..
- While the tomato lentil mixture is cooking, Steam carrots until slightly tender. Keep checking every two minutes by piercing with fork..
- Rinse can of chickpeas and add to medium to large size bowl then add steamed carrots. Mash the chick peas and carrots with a potato masher leaving some of the chickpeas almost whole for added texture..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then add lentil and tomato mixture to mashed chickpeas and carrots. Mix well to combine it should be moist. If not moist enough you can add some water small amount at a time..
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Place mixture in loaf pan. Top loaf with either tomato paste or vegan ketchup..
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes until top is crispy and lightly browned..
- Take out of oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into slices..