Bacon Chicken Rollup.
You can cook Bacon Chicken Rollup using 6 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Chicken Rollup
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breasts.
- You need 8 slice of bacon.
- It’s 1 of salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 of freshly ground peppercorn, to taste.
- You need 4 slice of provolone cheese.
- It’s 6 stick of asparagus spears.
Bacon Chicken Rollup step by step
- Preheat your grill for a medium-high heat..
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing lengthwise in half so they open like a book, but don't cut all the way through to ensure you can stuff the breasts..
- Flatten if desired using a kitchen mallet, heavy duty hammer, or a really clean boot..
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides..
- Lay 2 slices of provolone on each inside portion of the breast..
- Add 3 garlic-seasoned asparagus spears to each breast..
- fold the top layer back on top..
- Wrap the chicken in bacon strips (about 4 strips per breast, depending on their size). Secure the first end to the chicken, ensuring the toothpick also holds closed the flaps of the chicken..
- Overlap bacon ends and secure with a toothpick as mentioned in the step previous..
- Right before placing chicken on the grill, pour some oil on a paper towel and use tongs to coat the grill grates..
- Grill for about 10-12 minutes per side..
- Cook the remaining asparagus along side the chicken..
- Let rest for 5 minutes prior to carving/serving..
- Serve hot with a side of the remaining asparagus..