Chicken Spaghetti. This chicken spaghetti recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner idea. It's one of the all-time greatest "make before" comfort foods from The Pioneer Chicken Spaghetti. It's one of the best casseroles!
Chopped chicken is simmered with tomatoes and green chiles, cream of chicken soup, processed cheese and mushrooms. Reviews for: Photos of Quick and Easy Chicken Spaghetti. Try Ree Drummond's Chicken Spaghetti recipe, made with baked pasta, creamy mushroom sauce and bell peppers, from The Pioneer Woman on Food Network. You can have Chicken Spaghetti using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Spaghetti
- Prepare 4 of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lbs).
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked spagetti (follow package directions).
- Prepare 1 large of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of celery stalk, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 box of Velveeta cheese block (or 3 cans cream of chicken soup).
- Prepare 1 packages of shredded cheddar ( 2-3 cups).
- It’s 1 can of Rotel (undrained).
- It’s 4 oz of jar diced pimentos, drained.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 of * Optional ingredients: mushrooms, green peas, asparagus, water chestnuts, etc..
Chicken spaghetti provides a savory, creamy alternative to a basic pasta and marinara dish. This Super Easy Chicken Spaghetti is dinner time favorite. Chicken recipes can fall anywhere on the scale of intricate to easy. Transfer to a baking dish and.
Chicken Spaghetti step by step
- Place chicken in a large saucepan and add just enough water to cover (I use a 4-quart dutch oven or stock pot). Bring to boiling on medium-high heat, then reduce the heat. Cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink (about 15-20 minutes)..
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to touch, cut into bite – size pieces..
- Skim/strain water in saucepan, reserving about 1 1/4 cup – 1 1/2 cup. Rinse/wipe out saucepan if necessary, and return the reserve water (now broth) to the saucepan..
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery. Saute until good and tender. Add to saucepan..
- Add Velveeta cheese to saucepan (or, optionally, cream of chicken soup). Simmer over medium to medium-low heat until Velveeta has melted through, stirring often..
- Add chicken, pimentos, Rotel, and any other optional ingredients to saucepan and stir well. I usually chop up and add a drained 6.5 oz can of mushrooms and 1 cup of drained, canned sweet peas..
- Add cooked spagetti and mix well..
- Pour into a 4-quart baking dish and sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until bubbly. Cool for 5-10 minutes and serve..
- **This makes a LOT! I usually serve half for dinner and some leftovers and then freeze the other half to warm up at a later date..
And it only uses five ingredients, not counting water and seasonings. Chicken spaghetti with Rotel is a creamy, comforting casserole that is perfect for chilly nights. Spaghetti is made with ground beef and tomato sauce, always and forever. Add chicken, cheese, cooked spaghetti, mushroom soup, black olives, rotel tomatoes, garlic powder and mix well. Homemade chicken spaghetti casserole is a great, cheesy casserole that will become a family favorite.