Papaya Chicken with Turmeric Rice. Chicken seasoned with turmeric and paprika is cooked in one skillet with bell pepper and onion to make this quick and easy dinner that's best served over rice. Rub turmeric, paprika, and lemon-pepper seasoning over chicken. Place chicken in a skillet over medium heat and cover with water.
Look at this color, it screams summer to me. Caribbean Hot Pot Broth with Papaya Pica SauceMcCormick. A full meal with starch, protein, and veggies is an absolute kids favorite too. You can have Papaya Chicken with Turmeric Rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Papaya Chicken with Turmeric Rice
- It’s of Papaya Chicken.
- Prepare 400 gm of chicken breast, cut into bite sizes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sambal oelek (or to taste) (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of scallion, chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of green or unripe papaya, seeded and diced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper, cut into strips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lemon or orange juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of shrimp paste or fish sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of broccoli, cut into bite sizes.
- You need 1 cup of mushroom (optional).
- You need of Turmeric Rice.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of basmati rice.
- It’s of (cook with rice cooker or in a pot, following the instructions).
- Prepare of (I use 3 1/2 cup of water).
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth (adjust with water for cooking rice).
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala (optional).
- It’s Pinch of salt.
With easy to find ingredients this can be made any time of the week or weekend. Serving suggestion: Serve with rice or rotis. Ever wanted to make the perfect Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice? How about we add turmeric to it!
Papaya Chicken with Turmeric Rice step by step
- Cook rice.
- Prepare a pan with oil and sautee scallion, garlic and ginger.
- Add chicken along with bell pepper and cook until the chicken turns white.
- Add fish sauce or shrimp paste together with lemon or orange juice, soy sauce and sambal oelek. Mix well..
- Add broccoli and papaya (or mushroom) and cook until the broccoli is soft. Make sure to adjust, not to add papaya earlier than broccoli if papaya was already soft before you start cooking it..
- Add salt to taste. My shrimp paste was already salty enough so I didn't add any salt..
- Serve with hot turmeric rice..
On a large plate, layer the papaya, carrots, cucumber, and tomato. Sprinkle cilantro and peanuts on top. Pour dressing over the top and give a gentle toss to combine (you want. Recipe from thebusybaker.ca! #rice #turmeric #healthy #chicken #lodgecastiron #onepan #meal #weeknight #dinner #chickenandrice via..thai chicken rice, thai cuisine, thai, khan mok gai, thai chicken turmeric rice, Yoghurt, turmeric, curry powder, Chicken, rice, sweet chilli, sweet chili Bring to a simmer stirring. Place the chicken pieces on top of the rice.