Native soup. River state native soup is one of my favorite Nigerian soup, it happens to be my favorite native soup and one of the most popular soup from Niger Delta, Nigeria. Rivers Native Soup is a gift from the people of Rivers State in the Niger Delta Area of Nigeria. These are the riverine people that use the freshest seafood to prepare expensive soups and meals.
Wash the pepper the onions and the egusi together. blend it smoothly. Native soup is one of the best soups in Nigeria literally. Widely popular in Rivers state, although its origin is unknown, locals often refer to it as Fisherman soup (and we'd settle with that.). You can cook Native soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Native soup
- Prepare of Goat meat.
- You need of Palm oil.
- You need of Stockfish.
- You need of Cocoyam. (Cook and pound into a paste).
- Prepare leaves of Uziza.
- Prepare of Panla or dry fish.
- Prepare of Yellow pepper.
- You need of Crayfish.
- You need cubes of Seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Uziza seed.
- It’s of Periwinkle (optional).
In the Native American cuisine soups are generally served as a starter to the main dish. Most appreciated are vegetable soups made with beans, squash, tomatoes or potatoes. Native Americans carried dried Acorn Cakes, Pemmican, shredded meat and or soups on journeys. Pre-mix the dried ingredients in a zip lock bag to carry along on a camping trip to make.
Native soup step by step
- Wash goat meat.and boil with your stockfish.onions salt and seasoning cubes..
- When meat is done,.add in palm oil let it boil for 5to 10minutes. Then add in your cocoyam paste in balls and let it cook for another 10to 15minutes until the paste dissolves.
- Next add.your ground yellow pepper. (Remember to add some uziza seed to your pepper before pounding.) it gives the soup a distinct taste), add thoroughly washed and deboned panla fish and crayfish..
- Check that the taste is okay if not, u can adjust with seasoning cubes or salt according to ur taste.
- Lastly add ur sliced uziza leaves. Simmer for 2minutes. viola ur native soup is ready..
- Serve with semo pounded yam or eba.
Instant soup is a type of soup designed for fast and simple preparation. Some are homemade, and some are mass-produced on an industrial scale and treated in various ways to preserve them. A wide variety of types, styles and flavors of instant soups exist. The soup is often served with pounded plantains, or foo-foo, which are green plantains boiled and The callaloo soup was next. Native American Fry Bread American Food American Indians American Recipes Soup For The Soul Nativity Favorite Recipes Country Cooking.