Beans and plantain porridge (fried peppers method). This Beans and Plantain Pottage recipe is Vegan friendly. Also note that NO FRIED METHOD OF PREPARATION WAS USED. Porridge plantain is one of the delicious foods that are made and eaten in Nigeria.
This porridge made out of beans and plantain is a perfect satiating vegetarian or even vegan meal. Pepper&Salt to tasteNigerian Beans & Plantain. Plantain porridge is a Nigerian vegetable stew made with the starchy cousin of common bananas. You can have Beans and plantain porridge (fried peppers method) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beans and plantain porridge (fried peppers method)
- It’s 2 cups of beans.
- You need of Water (enough to wash and cook the beans).
- Prepare of Assorted peppers (yellow, red, chilli, bell…).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Palm oil.
- You need 1 of medium sized Onions.
- It’s of Salt (to taste).
- You need 2 tbsp of blended crayfish.
- It’s of Dry fish (optional).
There is no one recipe for this nutritious dish. Versions of plantain porridge vary widely from region to region and household to household. Popular accompaniments include grilled or fried fish or chicken. Wash beans thoroughly to rid it of excess dirt and place in the boiling water.
Beans and plantain porridge (fried peppers method) step by step
- Wash the beans thoroughly with hot water (to get rid of the chemicals used to keep beetles away) hot water can be done away with, if you're sure of the source..
- Place the beans in a pot, fill with water and bring to boil. Keep adding water to the beans as it dries, until it's cooked to tenderness.
- Wash, peel and dice your plantains into desired size and add to the beans, allowing it to cook till tender.
- In another pot, heat up the palm oil, dice and add half the onion (all, if you don't like to chew crunchy onions in your food).
- When the onion softens up, add the blended peppers and fry until the water evaporates..
- Season the fried peppers with salt and crayfish (and of course, any other seasoning of choice).
- Turn the fried peppers into the beans pot and mix. Add the remaining onions, (if applicable), adjust seasoning and let the water evaporate.
- Dish and enjoy your yummy meal.
Next, add tomato, red bell peppers, fresh red pepper, onion and garlic… Using a cooking tong, gently drop ripe plantain piece after piece into the hot oil, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Porridge (historically also spelled porage, porrige, or parritch) is a food commonly eaten as a breakfast cereal dish, made by boiling ground. Beans Porridge is not a very popular recipe due to the bloating associated with beans. Discover how you can begin to love beans. If you love African, South American, and Caribbean food, you've probably come across plantains.