Nasi lemak Cake. I know that a ketchup cake exists, because I've watched a video of somebody making it, much to my horror. Then, I heard that there's now something called a Nasi Lemak Cake. Description : Features a "cake" made with actual Nasi Lemak ingredients: Santan rice layered with omelette, and wrapped with cucumber slices and bamboo strings Topped with homemade spicy.
Nasi lemak – Malaysian coconut milk rice, served with sambal, fried crispy anchovies, toasted peanuts and cucumber. This is the best and most authentic nasi lemak recipe! This Nasi Lemak burger recently went viral after Singapore's McDonald's announced that they will be Then gift them this special cake for their birthday! You can have Nasi lemak Cake using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nasi lemak Cake
- Prepare of Ingredients to cook the rice.
- You need 500 gm of rice.
- Prepare 100 ml of Coconut milk.
- It’s 20 gm of Ginger.
- It’s 1 of shallot sliced.
- You need 150 ml + 50 ml of coconut milk diluted in milk.
- Prepare 500 ml of water.
- You need 2 of knots of daun pandan (Pandanus amaryllifolius).
- You need of Ingredients to make the prawn with petai (sticky bean) sambal.
- It’s 200 gm of prawn cleaned and deveined.
- You need 200 gm of petai (sticky bean).
- Prepare 50 gm of dry chilli soak and grind to smooth paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ginger, garlic.
- It’s 200 gm of Onion.
- You need as needed of Water.
- Prepare As required of Salt.
- You need As required of Oil.
- You need 1 of small lemon size tamarind water.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Garnishing.
- Prepare As needed of Fried Peanuts.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare As required of Fried Anchovies.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
This next-level creation is the product of the. However, I don't think that this recipe was developed well. Nasi lemak is a Malay cuisine dish consisting of fragrant rice cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaf. It is commonly found in Malaysia, where it is considered the national dish; it is also the native dish in neighbouring areas with significant Malay populations such as Singapore; Brunei.
Nasi lemak Cake step by step
- In a rice cooker, add rice, ginger, shallot, coconut milk, water and daun pandan leaves. Stir well and let it cook..
- Heat pan, pour oil and add blended dried chillies, red onion, garlic and ginger. Add water and stir-fry the ingredients until the oil separates..
- Add prawns, tamarind paste, and sugar and continue to stir-fry the sambal until it thickens..
- On medium heat, stir-fry the sambal for at least 10 minutes. Set it aside when ready..
- How to Assemble the Cake: Crack eggs. Heat a flat pan and fry the eggs in 3 separate batches While pouring the egg, spread it evenly on the pan. Set it aside when ready. Add rice in a 7-inch cake tin/tray and flatten the rice evenly. Add 1 tablespoon of sambal on top of the rice and spread it evenly. Place a slice of egg and add on another batch of rice. Repeat the steps until the rice and eggs are finished. When completed, spread more sambal on top of the rice..
- Sprinkle some peanuts and fried anchovies over it. Gently remove the cake tin/tray and assemble the cucumber around using a toothpick. Keep the ingredients together by tying a butcher string or ribbon around it. Good to Know: To remove the cake easily, use a cake tin/tray that has a clamp on the side..
Think you can't cook Malaysian food? This spicy, tangy, vibrant cuisine is well within reach if you have a copy of chef Christina Arokiasamy's. 'Nasi lemak', the national and traditional dish of Malaysia is cooked in coconut milk with some pandan leaves for its fragrance. This amazing dish served with 'sambal' and a variety of delicious side dishes. • Nasi lemak accompaniments are very much up to you. Try eating it with kunyit fried chicken as one of the accompaniments and for a super authentic experience, eat with your hands. it's more fun and. Nasi lemak can be cooked in a variety of ways, ranging from the Malay, Chinese and Indian variation.