Chicken and sugar snap salad. Chicken salads are convenient, popular and a great vehicle for adding vegetables and fruits. Unfortunately, too often they're heavily loaded with dressing. I'm always looking for different twists for this salad.
Our recipes that have earned the WW Mark of Wellness make vegetables the star of your meal, utilize lean proteins, keep calorie counts in mind and limit saturated fat, sodium and added sugar, and use simple, wholesome. Chicken, salad greens and veggies make an easy and a filling recipe that's drizzled with a herbed zesty dressing just before serving. Top each with chicken breast strips, sugar snap peas and radishes. You can have Chicken and sugar snap salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and sugar snap salad
- It’s 75 g of chorizo ring, cut into 2cm cubes, (paper removed!).
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need half of yellow pepper, cut into strips.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, cut into strips.
- You need 4 of asparagus spears, woody parts cut off – chopped into 2 cm chunks.
- Prepare 100 g of sugar snap peas – halved.
- It’s 10 of plum tomatoes, fresh and chopped in half.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s half of bag washed rocket.
Use it with fresh ingredients like sugar snap peas and mixed greens. A very luxurious and filling salad that is nice for a special picnic or light summer lunch. Wild rice is tossed with a Dijon and herb dressing, chicken, celery, spring onion, parsley, sugar snap peas and toasted almonds. Scaloppine are chicken breasts pounded thin; they cook to perfection in four minutes.
Chicken and sugar snap salad step by step
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Fry the chorizo over a medium heat for 5 minutes to release the juices..
- Add the pepper and cook for a few minutes. Add the chicken and fry with the lid on for 10 minutes or until cooked through..
- Add the sugar snaps and asparagus and fry for a few minutes, again with the lid on – don't overcook as they're nice with a crunch..
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir. Finally, add the tomatoes and cook for 2 – 3 minutes..
- Put 2 good handfuls of rocket on a plate and pile on the chicken mixture. For bigger appetites, serve in a wrap (or two) with a little mayo… yummy!.
The crisp salad comes together quickly, too, which makes this a. Serve salad topped with diced chicken. Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas with Pine Nuts, Fennel & Lemon Zest Pressure Cooker Risotto with Shrimp, Sugar Snap Peas & Tarragon. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place chicken in jar and top with sugar snap peas, bean sprouts, tomato, mango, mixed salad leaves and noodles.