You can have Echor Chingri using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Echor Chingri
- It’s of Echor or Jackfruit -(1).
- Prepare cubes of Potato.
- Prepare of Prawns.
- You need pinch of Turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt and sugar.
- It’s tsp of Cumin powder -1.
- Prepare tsp of Coriander powder -1.
- You need of Tomato.
- You need cloves of Garlic.
- It’s of Onion.
- You need leaf of Bay.
- It’s sticks of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Dry red chilli.
- It’s of Mustard oil/Ghee to cook.
- Prepare of Garam masala powder.
Echor Chingri instructions
- Rub mustard oil in palm. Cut jackfruit into cubes. Then boil water in kadai. Put the jackfruit cubes in the water. Boil it till the jackfruit cubes becomes soft and tender. Then drain out the water. Also boil potatoes..
- Take tomato, onion and garlic cloves. Chop them into pieces. Put in a grinder and blend into fine paste..
- Take prawns. Wash them and cut into halves. Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder on the prawns. Fry them and set aside..
- Now temper the same oil with bay leaf, cinnamon sticks and dry red chilli..
- Then add the masala paste in the same oil..
- Saute for a while. Add the chopped potatoes and jackfruit cubes slowly in the pan. Cook till the masala paste coats the jackfruit cubes and potatoes..
- Add salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. Cook for few minutes more. Add water. Cook for few minutes more but don't cover..
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and finish cooking. Transfer to a bowl and serve with hot rice..