Quick Meal – Cabbage Gumbo. Get new ideas for how to cook cabbage! Even folks who don't care for cabbage will be won over by this flavorful gumbo. Serve it over rice or on its own as a thick, satisfying soup.
Get this wonderful recipe, along with the quick-fix version for an amazing Gumbo you'll love to make! · Here's a recipe for super flavorful and tasty fried cabbage prepared traditionally. It's an iconic part of Southern Cuisine and. Categories: American Southern Gumbo Stew Vegetables Chocolate Meat Cabbage Rice Grains. You can cook Quick Meal – Cabbage Gumbo using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Meal – Cabbage Gumbo
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of white rice.
- You need 1/2 packages of butter.
- You need 1 large of onion diced.
- You need 1 large of red pepper diced.
- Prepare 5 cup of sliced cabbage.
- You need 3 each of sliced Rogerwood Sausage.
- It’s 50 medium of ready to cook shrimp.
- It’s 1 dash of onion powder or chips.
- It’s 1 dash of pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1 dash of chili pepper seasoning or old bay (optional).
Cabbage appears in a wealth of different varieties, and is in fact part of a bigger family known as brassicas that extends to cauliflower and kale. All are extremely versatile; they can be served raw in salads like coleslaws but can also be quick-cooked, such as in. Homegrown cabbage and Sausage make this a delicious quick meal. If you like our videos, give us a THUMBS UP and SHARE!
Quick Meal – Cabbage Gumbo step by step
- cook white rice.
- warm skillet and add butter..
- add chopped peppers, onion and Rogerwood Sausage..
- cook until sausage is slightly seared..
- add raw, peeled and clean shrimp..
- add a 1/3 cup of water and seasonings..
- cover and cook until shrimp are pink..
- remove meat mixture and put in a bowl but leave the "gravy" in the skillet..
- put the cabbage in the skillet. cover and cook until cabbage is tender but still crunchy..
- drain the cabbage in a strainer and place back into the frying pan..
- add the meat mixture and cook for 3 mins..
- serve over white rice.
It encourages us to keep producing. From easy Gumbo recipes to masterful Gumbo preparation techniques, find Gumbo ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. Gumbo is the quintessential Louisiana dish; it's practically a religion here. Preparation Remove all the tough outer leaves from the cabbage. Cut the cabbage into four, remove the stalk and then cut each quarter into fine shreds, working across the grain.