Pea and pancetta pasta. Stir in Parmesan, pasta and pancetta. Moisten pasta with some of the reserved pasta water. This pancetta and pea pasta is a quick and delicious weeknight dinner recipe.
Easter is coming!! so it means that spring is here with a lovely weather knocking at the door and bright colors back in the house! This is a quick and easy pasta dish that the entire family will love. It can quickly be thrown together on busy weeknights and is I keep a bag of frozen petite peas in my freezer at all times to use to prepare quick meals, and they work great in this dish, though of course if. You can have Pea and pancetta pasta using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pea and pancetta pasta
- Prepare 130 g of Pancetta.
- You need 300 g of Rigate pasta.
- Prepare 1 of Onion (diced).
- You need 3-4 cloves of Garlic (grated).
- Prepare 3 of Salted anchovies (chopped).
- Prepare 50-60 g of Frozen peas.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Fresh parsley (chopped).
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Creme fraiche.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of Grated cheese.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of Lemon zest.
The recipe that is the foundation of all creamy pasta dishes. I've also told you that you could add many delicious things to that recipe to make it more interesting. Once pasta is cooked and still al dente toss directly into large sauté pan add peas and pancetta. Garnish with parsley or additional Parmesan cheese.
Pea and pancetta pasta step by step
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiled salted water. (Refer the instruction on pasta package for the cooking time).
- Heat a frying pan without adding any oil. Add in pancetta, onion and garlic..
- Add in anchovies..
- Pour in a big spoon of pasta water and cook over a medium heat..
- Add the peas into the pasta to cook for 4-5 minutes and keep some pasta water. Drain the pasta and peas and add in the frying pan and mix well with onion and pancetta..
- Add in parsley, creme fraiche and grated cheese. (Use the pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed). Toss the pasta with the sauce and season with salt and black pepper. Garnish with some lemon zest and serve. Enjoy. 😋.
Pasta- Peas and Pancetta recipe: Based on a recipe from Cooking Light. Use frozen, thawed green peas if fresh peas are unavailable. Heat a large skillet over a medium heat. Add the pasta to the other ingredients, moistening with some of the reserved pasta water if necessary. Toss to mix, season with salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve sprinkled with lemon juice.