Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe. In a large bowl combine the macaroni, celery, onion, parsley and tomato. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
This macaroni and cheese recipe is a fast dinner for those busy nights (and adults love it too). I love to cook for my family and loved ones. One of my all time favorite recipe is my Macaroni Panggang or Macaroni Schotel. You can cook Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe
- Prepare 1 cup of (full) dried pasta.
- It’s 1 of onion slices.
- Prepare 4 of garlics mince.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of pepper slices/cubes.
- Prepare 1 of carrots shredded (optional).
- It’s 1 can of tuna in sunflower oil or brine (I used 150 gr corned beef this time) – cubes / minced.
- You need 1 cup of slices mushrooms- not gonna use next time, it makes the colour dark.
- Prepare 200 ml of semi skimmed.
- Prepare 100 ml of double cream.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli powder (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 of medium eggs.
- You need 140 gr of cheese grated (any: I used cheddar mix with mozarella).
This recipe is super easy to bake, I baked this on Sundays, and enjoy them with my family during tea time. So, I want to share this recipe with you. … Resep macaroni schotle enak, saya katakan enak, karna memang enak. Anak anak saya suka sekali, apalagi di uat dengan cinta oleh mamanya. I love it, it's great on a cold day, plus it's quick and easy to make.
Macaroni schotel – my sister’s recipe step by step
- First: put aside some of the peppers, mushroom, onion and cheese for garnish in the end..
- Soak the pasta in warm salted water for 45 minutes..
- Get the oven ready on 180c, I used pyrex and smear it with butter all over the surface.
- Heat wok and add butter. Put the garlic and chilies stir till fragrant. Add pepper, mushroom and tuna/corned beef.
- Then add onions,carrots. Turn the heat low. In a jug, crack the eggs, and stirred well. Add with milk and cream, and add this to the wok in low heat. Mixed well..
- This where we put salt, nutmeg, sugar and white pepper. Taste it. Last, add the macaroni. Turn the heat to low. Add the cheese. Mix well..
- In pyrex that we prepared. Transfer the mixture. Then mushroom, pepper and onion that we set aside. Add cheese..
- Put in the middle for about 45-50 minutes, till it turn brown. If the below still wet, cover with foil and continue cooking..
Stick with elbow macaroni or small shells for your pasta. Do not overcook your pasta or you'll end up with a sticky blob. Use plenty of real cheese, don't skimp. Cheese is part of the recipe name, so it must be important. Cheddar cheese is what we like to add to our baked mac and cheese.